Mechanics of Love (2017) -Hallmark


A tech entrepreneur is shocked to learn that her father's auto repair shop is in the red. She soon learns that a charming childhood friend wants to buy the struggling business.- WWW

Cast:
Shenae Grimes-Beech as Matti Dupree
Tyler Hynes as Jake Henderson 
Emily Tennant as Clare Dupree
Blair Penner as TJ 
Milo Shandel as Donald
William C. Vaughan as Devin
Ryan Bruce as Brendan

among others

One of the people I respect in life thinks that Hallmark flicks are not real movies or are too sappy.  He was afraid that I would turn into the writer who only writes stuff like the scripts I have shown that Palanca Awardee, which were some of my worst, but I beg to differ.

Not all Hallmark TV movies are sappy.  Some are beautiful and very memorable.

MECHANICS OF LOVE is one such movie.  I have seen better Hallmark films, but this one is one that lifted my spirits after watching it.

It had an anticlimactic ending, but I like everything in between, including the side story about Matti's sister, Clare, and her fiancé, TJ.

An added factor was the guy who played the role of their dad, Lochlyn Munro, who was one of my favourite leading men of predictable stories when he was much, much younger. ;-).  

Did I say predictable?  I thought it was one of those movies that left a mark in the heart?  

Who says predictable cannot be endearing?

Well, this surely is one that made me feel giddy inside and felt young again.

Oh, I would probably watch this again.

Yes, I definitely would.  :-)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)