My Girlfriend's Boyfriend



When Ethan (Christopher Gorham) arrives at the airport just in time to declare his undying love for his girlfriend, love appears to have conquered all. The scene, however, is really the ending of Ethan's novel, which his agent (Carol Kane) calls "unrealistic." Ethan soon meets a waitress, Jesse (Alyssa Milano), and falls in love with her despite her growing devotion to Troy (Michael Landes), a charming businessman. But the line between reality and fiction becomes increasingly blurred.-WWW

Written and Directed by Daryn Tufts

Starring:

Alyssa Milano as Jesse Young
Christopher Gorham as Ethan Reed
Michael Landes as Troy Parker
Tom Lenk as David Young, Jesse's brother
Beau Bridges as Logan Young: Jesse's uncle
Carol Kane as Barbara
Heather Stephens as Sarah, Ethan's sister
Kelly Packard as Suzy

The tag line "One great love...Twice." was the one that got me interested in this movie besides the title.  I got intrigued so I watched the movie and when I learned about Ethan's profession and what his agent played by Carol Kane told him earlier on, I kind of guessed where this story was going and what Jesse's problem really was.  Yes.  I'm sort of giving spoilers for an almost eight-year-old movie, but there's more to this movie than that.

I think I described other movies this way...wait, let me correct myself.  I know I have described other movies this way: light and heavy.  It's a feel good movie with a heavy subject matter.  A little bit predictable with some surprises on the side.

Ethan is played by Christopher Gorhan and I think he sort of looks like Ethan Hawke.  I think I told someone this when we were watching UGLY BETTY...a series I've seen in many versions.  I guess someone noticed it so he was cast as Ethan.  Nah.  Maybe it's a coincidence.  Or is it?  

Alyssa Milano is one of the producers of this film.  She has always been a great actor even as a young girl in WHO'S THE BOSS? so it no wonder she delivered.

Beau Bridges is also here in this movie as Jesse and David's loving uncle, by the way.  Bridges men are great actors.  They can play any role and no role is small for them.

🚸🚸🚸
As imdb pointed out, it's not without mistakes.  I like it anyway.

I thought it was a made for TV movie, but I was wrong.  It was made for the silver screen and it flopped big time.

Oh well.  You win some.  You lose, in this case, a lot.

Hope the DVDs and downloads would earn something.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)