Yes, I Do(2018) and A December Bride(2016)


Chocolatier Charlotte has left helicopter mechanic/businessman James at the altar two times. Now, she somehow has to find a way to prove to him that she really does want to marry him.  The problem is, his ex-girlfriend wants him back.  
DirectorChristie Will
Writers:  Joel and Lisa Canfield


Aspiring interior designer Layla is dreading the Christmastime wedding of her cousin who’s marrying Layla’s ex-fiancé. Although Seth is the one responsible for introducing the bride and groom, she begrudgingly accepts his offer to be her date as she’s out of options. Seth gets carried away at the reception and announces they’re engaged, forcing a mortified Layla to keep up the pretense. Stars Daniel Lissing and Jessica Lowndes. -The Hallmark Channel
DirectorDavid Winning
Writers: Denise Hunter (novel), Karen Berger(teleplay)

Two beautiful stories both with JESSICA LOWNDES in it.  In the first story, "YES, I DO!",  Jessica is the scheming ex-girlfriend, who plots to win James's heart, the Bridegroom.  James is played by MARCUS ROSNER, who, more often than not, plays the villain or current flame of the bride like he was born that way.  He has played a protagonist too before this flick, but I think among all those movies where he played the leading man, this is my favourite.

Jessica, like Marcus, can be wily while in character...sinister too, as a matter of fact, but in the second movie, "A DECEMBER BRIDE" loosely based on Denise Hunter's novel, she's the leading lady, and she was very, very lovable here.

In the second movie, there's no villain at all.  I like that.  Even the former boss was a very good sport.

I don't know what others think(yet), but for me, the situations were quite natural.  

In the first story, I really admire James's devotion to Charlotte(JEN LILLEY).  He was really patient with her, understanding why she left him at the altar, not once, but twice.  Well, during the first wedding, Charlotte sort of skedaddled before she even went down the carriage.  During the second one...

Well, let me NOT tell you the whole story.

Which one do I like better?

I like "A DECEMBER BRIDE" more(DANIEL LISSING and Jessica Lowndes look great together, and they have great families---not perfect families, but very loving families), but I also like "YES, I DO!"

There were many times I wanted to pull Charlotte's hair, but I do I understand where she's coming from.

I could go on and on and on and on, but I think I've said enough.

Some of the Cast of A DECEMBER BRIDE from imdb:
Jessica LowndesJessica Lowndes...Layla O'Reilly
Daniel LissingDaniel Lissing...Seth Murphy
Jay HindleJay Hindle...Jack Evans
Pauline EganPauline Egan...Jessica Evans
Karen KruperKaren Kruper...Aunt Lorraine
April TelekApril Telek...Darcy Sterling
Casey MandersonCasey Manderson...Beckett O'Reilly
Keith MacKechnieKeith MacKechnie...Hank O'Reilly
Jannen KarrJannen Karr...Joyce Hardwick
Kurt EvansKurt Evans...Stanley Malcolm
Drummond MacdougallDrummond Macdougall...George Murphy
Beverley BreuerBeverley Breuer...Meredith Murphy
Larry HoeLarry Hoe...Minister
Brendon ZubBrendon Zub...Cooper (as Brendon James Zub)
Some of the cast of YES, I DO! from imdb:

Jen LilleyJen Lilley...Charlotte
Marcus RosnerMarcus Rosner...James
Jessica LowndesJessica Lowndes...Nicole
Christie LaingChristie Laing...Hannah
Beau DanielsBeau Daniels...Oscar
Alistair AbellAlistair Abell...Pastor



Thanks for your time!  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)