Left Behind (2014) and Left Behind (2000)

The story of both films are based on the novel that started the series:

This is the front cover art for the book Left Behind written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. The book cover art copyright is believed to belong to Tyndale House Publishers.

Intro:
Just recently, while looking at the sky, something magnificent happened, and you'd probably say I was imagining things, but two groups of clouds shaped like people with silver linings looked like they were talking to each other.  They looked like majestic beings and on top of them looked like a big face of Jesus, with hosts of angels.

Imagination or not, it was enough for ME not to sin ever again, but *I* did, just seconds after that.

What a waste.  Minutes later, I was crying buckets...

Anyways, why am I sharing this?

With everything happening in the world right now, I couldn't help, but wonder, if Rapture already happened.  What if I was left behind?  Imagine, I was gifted with a vision like that, and I still sinned.  What kind of a servant of God was I?  I feel so ashamed.

So did Rapture happen already?  Is the Antichrist already reaping its harvest?  Are the things that are happening with a high magnitude of evil signs that we are at the start of the years of darkness?

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.- 2 Peter 3:8
A lot of holy people are still here, and...

Well, only the Father knows the time and place.


My thoughts about the movie:

The two movie versions have the same thrust and message, but there are a lot of differences.

For one, BIGGER stars with commercial appeal are in the 2014 version, while in the 2000 very controversial version, only a few of them are known to the secular mind.

Another thing different is the time frame, and the situations.  If I point them out, then spoilers couldn't be avoided.

I did wonder, though, why the woman with dementia, and the guide dog, were left behind.  Oh, there were lots of teachings about animals, but I don't want to think that those sentient beings don't have a place in heaven.  Thankfully, not everyone believes that.  At the end of it all, a time only God knows when, we will find out.

Again, what about the woman with dementia?  Why was she left behind?

Oh, it's a series.  Maybe it'll be answered in the future.

Honestly, the 2014 version is still fresh in my brain, and I have forgotten many parts of Kirk Cameron's movie, but I do remember they received a lot of flak because Rapture did not happen at a certain time, and some other issues.

What else?

Oh, I think they casted bigger stars for the 2014 version so a lot more people would be able to watch it, but it was classified under fantasy/science fiction.

Kirk Cameron's film broke even with a little profit, but Nicolas Cage and Chad Michael Murray's film earned 11.4 Million above its original cost. 

Was the message received well by the viewers?

The answer:  The Parable of the Sower

Which did I like better?

The novel, the first among many.  ;-) 

Oh, between the two movies? ;-)

Matter of substance, I have to choose the year 2000 version.  I love the 2014 version, because it's a Nic Cage film, but am afraid that even if it's a hit, I'm uncertain if many seeds went to good soil.

Anyways, what's important is that the seeds were sown.  We could just hope and pray that a lot of people would learn from it.

Caveat about 2014 film:  It's a Christian film, no matter how commercial it is, so certain beliefs would be offended, for sure, but with the same reason, Christians are just doing what Christians are supposed to do, God's work, shouting up the rooftops, so to speak, spreading the God's Word.

Directed by Vic Sarin
Produced by
Joe Goodman
Paul Lalonde
Peter Lalonde
Ralph Winter
Written by
Joe Goodman
Paul Lalonde
Alan B. McElroy
Based on Left Behind
by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins

Year 2000 cast:


This is a poster for Left Behind (2014 film). The poster art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor of the film, Samuel Goldwyn Films, the publisher of the film or the graphic artist.

Directed by 
Vic Armstrong

Produced by
Paul LaLonde
Michael Walker
Ed Clydesdale

Written by
Paul LaLonde
John Patus

Based on Left Behind
by Tim LaHaye
and Jerry B. Jenkins

Year 2014 Cast:

Thanks for your time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)