Candles on Bay Street (2006)

My candle burns at both ends;
   It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—
   It gives a lovely light!- Edna St. Vincent Millay from "Figs from Thistles: First Fig"

Eion Bailey, Annabeth Gish, Alicia Silverstone and Matthew Knight


Directed by 
Written by (WGA)  
Jonathan Estrin ... (teleplay) and
Michael Bortman ... (teleplay)

Based on the novel by K.C. McKinnon (Cathie Pelletier)


It took a while before I started writing this piece.  Why?  I was so affected by the story.  It is a happy kind of sad, and a sad kind of happy movie.

ALICIA SILVERSTONE plays Dee Dee, a free spirited woman whose hopes and dreams are about to come to an end, to begin another chapter of her life.

I have always admired the way she acted.  She could be sweet, sultry, kind, villainous, or whatever else.

Here, she's a very loving mother who only wants the best for her young son.

The son, Trooper, is played by MATTHEW KNIGHT.  The then young Mr. Knight was able to convey to us everything Trooper was feeling.  He looks brave, but he is a scared young man...he is afraid of losing his mother...of being alone.  

EION BAILEY plays Sam, Dee Dee's childhood best friend who was in love with her, and have always considered her as the one who got away.  Thankfully he met Lydia, played by ANNABETH GISH, in Vet Med school, they hit it off, grew in love, got married, then settled in that small town.

Lydia at first was edgy, but since Dee Dee was so nice, she too started liking her.

I shed buckets of tears, but there were many things to be happy about, like the neighbours, the animals, and everything else in their small town.

I can't speak for the others, because of course there would be those who would compare it to Ms. McKinnon's book, of course, but I love it.


Cast:


Thanks a bunch for your time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)