These blog entries are MOSTLY just how I felt after watching the play, musical, concert or TV show, a product I like or things I have read. If I have not at least one good thing to say, then you wouldn't see anything written about it here. Oh, btw, I would seldom(not never) write about blockbusters even if I love them starting today(26 June 2019) just because. :-)
Vic Facultad and Weather the Roots' songs are not just danceable, they are also easy to listen to, and the lyrics are all well thought of, and not just some mumbo jumbo mixture of words.
The English songs, if I didn't know better, sound like a Foreign band, and I don't mean to say that our local bands are no good. I just mean that their sound has global quality.
The ones sang in the vernacular, even if it's in reggae fusion, pulls a lot of heartstrings. May hugot, kumbaga.
Well, if you're not up to dramatic interludes, just listen to the upbeat sound and dance to their music, and imagine yourself flying to the nearest star outside our solar system.
From Pep.ph Sigh. I have separation anxiety #sepanx with this series that I have grown to love. It had its off days, but MOST of the time, the scenes are exciting, putting me to the edge of my seat, giving me cheap thrills, or making me laugh. There are times when I get traumatized by a scene or two, that I have to play the piano first before doing my research or anything else...or for me to have happy thoughts before sleeping. That's how effective the script and execution are. Or else, why should it be so real to me when I know that it is only a work of fiction? It's not really advisable for people who have PTSD to watch this, according to my friends who tried watching this, but couldn't because it was so convincing that they had to undergo cleansing rituals so-to-speak before becoming OK. If the very supposedly harmless COCOON could do that to people with mental health issues, then I guess something like this that is so...
source Elzar "Dodjie" Simon is not really a stranger to me. He was my brother's boss in ATI, and he was one of the many invited guests who was able to celebrate with us during my brother and sister-in-law's wedding in 1998. My brother only has praises for him. I was excited to meet him again last 14 July 2016, but it coincided with CURTAINS UP , so I just joined my family in Spirit. A.I. HACKED The book has been receiving rave reviews ever since it was launched so when I saw on the author's FB page that he was having a book signing event at Fully Booked's The Studio at 11th Street, BGC, I was psyched. A few days after I learned about it my brother announced that we were going, and he has already ordered one paperback and one hardbound. I thought one was mine, but it turned out it was for my dad, but it's OK. My parents live with me, and my dad read books one-by-one, and now he is still reading my former Pastor(Richard Mirpuri)'s Glimp...
Introduction that you may skip: Learning about this movie made me pretty excited to watch it. It had a different concept, and I was prepared to cry a lot. I was told that for me not to shed tears in a movie, I should really be armed with lots of tissues. Dang. Even with all the preparations, I still cried. You see, my maternal grandmother was deaf, and she could only hear us with a hearing aid. Since I was little I was scared of being deaf, so I prepared for "it" with the hope by preparing I won't ever go deaf. I served in the Deaf Ministry for a couple of years, but when my mom and I started fighting because of the things she misinterpreted, I told myself I should stop serving because it would make me look like a hypocrite, even if I am not. I do miss them a lot, but I would rather serve in different ways. ISA PA WITH FEELINGS source Watching this with my partially deaf mother, and my dad, who is hard of hearing because of his med...
Comments
Post a Comment