All Out of Love THE MUSICAL #AllOutOfLoveMNL

This is the poster for the musical All Out of Love. The poster art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor and publisher of the musical, MMAP.
Note:  When I wrote this on 27 October 2018, I wrote that they have four(4) shows left(2 shows on October 27, and 2 shows on October 28).  Today, 28 October 2018, I am informing the readers that they still have two more shows: Friday, 9 November 2018 at 8PM, and Saturday, November 10, 8PM.  Buy tickets from https://www.ticketworld.com.ph 

All Out of Love THE MUSICAL is a wonderfully written(JIM MILLAN), greatly directed(DARREN YAP assisted by JACINTA JOHN), superbly acted, and creatively developed play.  The timeless hits of AIR SUPPLY were brought to life by all the characters:  Jamie Crimson/MiG AYESA, Rayne/RACHEL ALEJANDRO, Kurt Swinghammer/JAMIE WILSON, Tommy King/RAYMUND CONCEPCION and Stacie King/TANYA MANALANG.

Let's not forget the rest of the cast seen on stage, and everyone behind the scenes.  This is truly a TEAM effort.

🎶🎶🎶

When watching a musical love story, it's ideal to watch it with a special someone, and the special someone I was with was my mother.

🎶🎶🎶

Although she was beside me and I have a great relationship with my father, the character that was closest to my heart was Stacie King, played by the awesome and talent-filled Ms. Tanya Manalang.  With her powerful voice and great acting, she clearly was the central character in this musical play, but of course, the other four main characters play very, very important roles in this story.

Without Jamie Crimson having a personal crisis, played by my ultimate, but super duper harmless crush, MiG Ayesa, Stacie's strength of character would never be discovered by her father, played by Raymund Concepcion, who loves her so much.  

Rayne, the love of Jamie Crimson's life, played by the indefatigably wonderful, graceful, beautiful, melodiously resonant, and so much more, Ms. Rachel Alejandro, was also the cause of Jamie's depression. Seeing Ms. Alejandro onstage made us understand why Jamie was distraught when she left him.  Besides singing effortlessly, she has a certain charm.  She was also able to make us forget for awhile that she's Rachel Alejandro.  During the whole musical, maybe except during the intermission, she was definitely Rayne, a New Yorker from Hell's Kitchen.

Guardian Angel Stacie comes to the rescue...well, at least she tries to come to the rescue, and that's where the story becomes interesting.

So where does Jamie Wilson come in?  Well, he's there from the beginning to the end.  He's not exactly a villain, but he's almost the sleaziest character in this musical play. He did his part more than well.  Marvelous, even.

When you watch this play(there are four shows left---today at 3PM and 4PM---it's almost half past midnight---and tomorrow 3PM and 8PM) you would laugh with them, cry with them, fall in love with love, sing with them(just don't do it out loud), et cetera, et cetera.

Do I have a favourite part?  Of course I love the parts where Tanya, Rachel, and MiG sing, but the most touching parts for me were these: Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You) sang by Tommy King to the love of his life, and the part where Stacie kept looking at her locket, The One That You LoveJamie was of course dedicating it to Rayne, but Stacie was obviously singing to her mother who crossed over when she was little.

💗💗💗💗💗
It's really a wonderful musical.  Needless to say, I'm still feeling the spirit of the musical play.

The ensemble that they chose to act, sing, dance, and whatever else with them, were carefully chosen.  For me, they ALL delivered.  I'm at awe with them.

The orchestra/band did not fail anyone.  They did great.

Mom and I would've stayed for the Meet and Greet, but dad was waiting for us.  He had a fun day with my brother and my nephew(boys' day out), so he was beat.  Although I fed him dinner, I forgot to prepare a snack for him.  Tsk, tsk.  

Anyways, I won't make this longer than it should be.

KUDOS to EVERYone involved in this musical play.  


THE MUSICAL:

Act I

Overture
Bring Out the Magic – The Company
Sweet Dreams — Jamie Crimson
All Out of Love – Jamie Crimson
I Was in Love with You – Jamie Crimson and Rayne
Every Woman in the World — Jamie Crimson and Stacie King
Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You) — Tommy King
Keeping the Love Alive – Jamie Crimson and Stacie King
Chances — Jamie Crimson, Stacie King and Cabbie
Lonely Is the Night — Cabbie and Company

Act II

Lonely Is the Night (Reprise) – The Company
Lost in Love – Rayne
Two Less Lonely People in the World – Jamie Crimson and Company
The One That You Love – Jamie Crimson and Stacie King
Now and Forever – Jamie Crimson and Rayne
Even the Nights Are Better – The Company

Lost in Love/All Out of Love (Finale) – The Company

Cast:


CharacterManila (2018)
Jamie CrimsonMiG Ayesa
RayneRachel Alejandro
Stacie KingTanya Manalang
Tommy KingRaymund Concepcion
Kurt SwinghammerJamie Wilson
CabbieRed Nuestro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)