Hearts of Spring (2016)

Director: Marita Grabiak
Writer: Barbara Kymlicka


It's interesting to note that the Hearts of Spring imdb page's photographs are mostly about Little Conner plays by CHRISTIAN CONVERY.  Just recently. although I didn't mention it, I saw him in Venom(I wasn't sure, but the imdb page confirmed it) and earlier on I've seen him in Coming Home For Christmas as Little Paul.  He's such a darling in the photograph above, and I'm pretty certain that he is indeed adorable, but as young as he is, he is very versatile.

Here, he plays a brat who is giving his single mom a hard time.  This single mom(CARRIE GENZEL)  keeps on inventing reasons to see Andy(MICHAEL SHANKS), his paediatrician, making him edgy, so in a way, Little Conner and his mother became instrumental for Andy and the female protagonist named Carly(LISA WHENCHEL) to start to get know each other more(they met at a Taco Food Cart at the park).

Carly is a popular mommy blogger whom Conner's mom, Tracy Rhodes, adores, and one time she placed her on a pedestal in front of Andy, so Andy decided to loathe her by posting comments on her blog.  Their exchanges reminded me of a lot of movies, but this movie has its uniqueness.

Anyways, I won't give you the whole story.

All I know is that I enjoyed it very much.  Some people didn't like the ending, but I think it works.

If by any chance you are interested in watching this, I am placing the link below:

HEARTS OF SPRING

One reviewer noted that this is like the reverse of THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER...just MIDNIGHT MASQUERADE is the the reverse Cinderella story.

For me, that's OK, unless they were passing this off as a super original movie.

Come on.

This wasn't plagiarised or anything. Was it?  I don't think so.

In real life we meet people who have our mirror lives or sometimes we have almost the same lives.  We can relate to those people.

Still, I get the point of that person.  I honestly had the same reaction.  For all we know, maybe it was inspired by that story...and maybe that's why Little Conner's name is Conner.  What a silly thing for me to say.  :-p

Plus there are many flower shop stories on the Hallmark Channel.  After all, cards and flowers most of the time go together, right? Oh my goodness.  I am even making TERRIBLE excuses for people I don't even know. 

This movie is about relationships.  A father to his son(ROSS LINTON) and a mother to her daughter(CLANCY CAUBLE, Lisa's own daughter).  It is also about friendship(I honestly don't get why her friend(MIRANDA FRIGON) paired her with Henry---ANDY THOMPSON, you did a fine job of being annoying) and giving people chances to redeem themselves.  It's also about family(Andy's sister(ANNA GALVIN) and his brother-in-law(DANIEL MARTIN)), et cetera, et cetera.

Yes, it's predictable alright, but I don't wanna say I didn't enjoy it when I actually did.

One more thing, what's wrong with having strong faith in God, naysayers?  Lisa has been serious about her faith since she was ten and that's one of the things I admire about her.  She may, as Blair, have been a little naughty in the Facts of Life, but in real life, she has been a true believer.

No, this is not a preachy movie.  It's a love story.  It's just that people have been lambasting her, Lacey Chabert and others because of this.  Blessed are the persecuted...

Thanks for your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)