Destination Wedding (2018) a Victor Levin Film

When Frank and Lindsay meet on their way to a destination wedding, they soon discover they have a lot in common: they both hate the bride, the groom, the wedding, themselves, and each other. As the weekend's events continually force them together -- and their cheerlessness immediately isolates them from the other guests -- Frank and Lindsay find that if you verbally spar with someone long enough, anything can happen.-WWW
Initial release2 August 2018 (Germany)


This one I cannot figure. Is this a good movie for me or not?

Even with all the cussing and things prudes wouldn't do, there were funny dialogues.  Mom and Dad have been to San Luis Obispo(we were sorta kinda Californians a long time ago) and they enjoyed their visit, so they were kind of psyched when they saw that the destination wedding was going to be held somewhere there.  Well, it wasn't exactly at San Luis Obispo.  It was in Paso Robles.  


To appreciate the place more I had to Google for images and bloggers giving it rave reviews.

Thankfully, there were lots who of people who adore the place plus there were a lot of great images showing why people should visit it.


It's a lovely place, but you have to beware of the mountain lions roaming around.

Frank(KEANU) and Lindsay(WINONA) had a brief encounter with one, and probably I could say the rest is her/history.
One thing I like about the verbal sparring in this movie is that the two people talking are definitely not empty headed.  The things is, if they weren't watching TV or if we aren't hearing voice overs, they wouldn't stop talking.  Imagine, even when they were copulating they were discussing stuff. They do have the tendency to be so annoying at times, and still in a very cerebral manner at that.

By the way, this is their third movie as a couple, and their fourth being in one movie together.  One reviewer said this is their fifth project.  I wonder what that other project is.  Is it a TV show?  An ad? I really wonder.  All except that one reviewer said that they only have four projects together.

Oh well.

So have I decided if I like this movie or not?

I love Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves.  I admire Victor Levin.

I still haven't answered my own question.

Hmm...

Well, I don't hate it.

I had some laughs and even thought some of the things they talked about were pretty interesting. Oh, I said that already, but just rehashed it.  Bummer.  

Well, I guess that's it.

Thanks for your time.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)