Campfire Kiss (2017)

Both images are from imdb
Feeling disconnected with her teenage son, a protective mother decides to step outside of her comfort zone and take him camping. But as soon as she arrives, she begins butting heads with her handsome cabin neighbor, a single father and outdoorsman who is also in search of a connection with his teen daughter. Friction soon sparks a flame as these opposites attract. Stars Danica McKellar and Paul Greene.


THE MOVIE

Directed by James Head

Written by Rick Suvalle and Scott Svelosky

DANICA MCKELLAR as Dana, the overprotective mother, was her usually very perky personna in this made for TV movie.  Is she typecast or what? 

It's a good thing that she really has good chemistry with PAUL GREENE.  The two have been in at least one other movie together.  Here, he plays Steve, a divorcé.

I really enjoyed their adventures and misadventures in this movie.  I also liked how they both reconnected with their teenaged children(DYLAN KINGWELL and ALI SKOVBYE) and how they connected with each other).

There's one scene that made me say, "Yes, I learned it the hard way." It's the conversation between Lacey and Dana about how being smart may not be cool in high school, but being smart gives you a great advantage in life in general.  

There were two cool girls in high school who said they hated nerds, but they always got high grades. Oh, they hated nerds alright.  Nerds that were not members of their coven.  

I sound bitter?  Nah.  Now that were sparkling diamonds or glittery gold bars, I like how they become.  They are good people.  Of course, in high school people don't see far ahead into the future.  Well, I know some of you did, but in general...  ;-)

By the way, BARBARA NIVEN has a special role here and she introduced me to a horse breed called THE NORWEGIAN FJORD.  It's such a beautiful horse.

Anyways, this movie may not be spectacular or I probably won't watch this again, but I did not regret this one time that I did.

That's all folks.

Thanks for your time.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)