A Song From The Heart(1999)

Directed by 

Marcus Cole

Writing Credits (WGA)  

Giorgio Serafini...(story)
Giorgio Serafini...(teleplay) &
Michelle MacLaren...(teleplay) &
Alex Butler...(teleplay) &
Mikki Willis...(teleplay) (as Mikki Allen Willis) and
Selma Thompson...(teleplay)


THE MOVIE
(I'm including the link of the movie because the one who made the original story, GIORGIO SERAFINI, made a comment "there".)
Predictable or not, I like this story.  AMY GRANT did well.  

I sang her songs in the 1980s, and I even ruined one beautiful and special number of a sister-in-Christ in church(WWCF held then at the Rizal Theater) singing ARMS OF LOVE because I sang with her aloud as a member of the audience. You can do that during Praise and Worship or Praise Jams...back then I didn't know the difference until that happened.  When a person is performing, that's taboo.  She never forgave me.  Well, I am not sure if she has not forgiven me.  It's just that decades later, I asked for forgiveness via FB, but she snubbed me.  That's a lesson I would never forget.  Ergo, I never disturb performances now.  I just lip sync, unless the performer asks us to sing along.

Ms. Grant gave a moving performance as a blind woman gifted in music.  D.W. Moffett was good.  Keith Carradine, no matter how big or small his role is, always delivers.  This was no exception.  The freshmen students at the Conservatory did great, but there were a few unbelievable scenes because the students are supposed to be already exceptional even before studying there.  Besides that, they had to audition first, and their grades should be at least above average. Gregory Pavan had no business insulting them.  He should know.  As an alumnus,  he must have undergone everything they've been through even before enrolling there, as a scholar or not.

Anyways, that's minor.

There were several movies with the same theme and premise before, but, for me at least, but there were some surprising scenes.

The guide dog, Staccato, did a phenomenal job.  I love, love, love, Staccato.

I also love VISIONS OF MARYANN, the music Gregory(D.W. Moffett) composed for her(Amy Grant).  Even without the lyrics, its melody, for lack of a better term at the moment, is singable.  It truly is A SONG FROM THE HEART.


The main characters from imdb:
Amy GrantAmy Grant...Maryann Lowery, the gifted optically challenged musician
D.W. MoffettD.W. Moffett...Gregory Pavan, Grammy Award winning artist who grows in love with Maryann, and she reciprocates his feelings
Alexandra PurvisAlexandra Purvis...Tina, Maryann's neighbour and student.  She's a very lovely and talented young girl.  She and Maryann are very close.
Charles SiegelCharles Siegel...Professor Klezkowski, Maryann's mentor.
Anne Marie DeLuiseAnne Marie DeLuise...Liz Martin (as Anne Marie Loder), Gregory's manager that has a thing for him.
Bill DowBill Dow...Dr. Ambrosio, Maryann's physician
Jason SchombingJason Schombing...Marty, big time producer
Keith CarradineKeith Carradine...Oliver Comstock, the father of Tina.  He loves Maryann.


Thanks for your time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)