Crown For Christmas (2015)


Directed by 
Alex Zamm

Written by
Neal H. Dobrofsky and Tippi Dobrofsky
First things first:  In the version I saw Allie(DANICA MCKELLAR) has only one brother(ROLLO SKINNER) and one sister(ROSE NEVILLE).  The King is not named Ryland, but Maximilian(RUPERT PENRY-JONES).    Maybe it's the surname of the Royal Family, but I wouldn't know for sure.

The story may not be totally new, but I love it.  It's one of the best of its kind.

It may be considered a fairy tale, but at the very least I like how they met and what transpired after that meeting.

COLIN MCFARLANE was so good in being King's bully that I almost hated him, but thankfully I remembered he was only acting.

Thankfully, the King knows his place and he didn't allow the chancellor to bully him much longer.

Yes, there were too many movies like this, and maybe I could include the Au Pair series, even if Gregory Harrison's role wasn't really royalty, but he was treated as such.

I like that the King wasn't a wuss and that the Princess Theodora didn't stay bratty for a long time.

Now, as for the person the King was supposed to marry...  She's typical of those types, but at the very least, she wasn't going bankrupt or something...well, she still very much wanted...wants to be Queen, but at least it wasn't because she was a totally bad human being even if she did want to send the Princess away to boarding school.

By the way, aren't these movies so unfair to boarding schools?  There are graduates of boarding schools who have great memories of their stay there.  Ah, maybe it's the reason behind going there that is frowned upon.  It's being sent away for selfish reasons.

I like the mini castle's staff(well, considering it's a King's castle, it is indeed small, but thankfully very beautiful), most especially Fergus(PAVEL DOUGLAS) and Mrs. Claiborne(EMMA BURDON -SUTTON). 

Oh, I love the story development.  Even if everything happened in just a week, it was a gradual thing.  

Day by day the feelings deepened and day by the day, the King realised Allie was worth...is worth fighting for.

Yes, the ending was predictable, but not too predictable.

Sigh.

I still have a hangover.

Maybe I'll watch it again one day.


all photographs below are from imdb
Father-Daughter Dance
King Maximilian and Princess Theodora

The Evans
Lisa, Allie and Aaron

Max and Allie with the handsome horses

Snowball Fight

Such a touching scene

Thanks a bunch for your time.

:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)