The Christmas Train(2017)/The Christmas Pageant (2011)


The Christmas Train is one of the best stories ever written for all time, and not just about Christmas. 

In MY opinion, it has an all-star cast spearheaded by DANNY GLOVER, KIMBERLY WILLIAMS-PAISLEY, JOAN CUSACK, KAREN HOLNESS, JOHN INNES, NELSON WONG, TERRENCE KELLY and JILL TEED.  

I love the way TIPPI and NEAL DOBROFSKY wrote it, and how RON OLIVER directed it.

The book the movie was based on
#TheChristmasTrainbyDavidBaldacci

I also like the chemistry Dermot Mulroney and Kimberly Williams-Paisley have.  I am not certain if this is their only movie together as screen partners, but they sure make a good onscreen pair.

Everyone did their parts right.  It sort of felt like Murder on the Orient Express, sans the murder, but I also love how the scenes were orchestrated, wink, wink!

I also like the fact that I've been admiring the actors since the 1980s, at the very least...except for Kimberly and Karen because I only "met" them in the 1990s.  ;-)



Director: David S. Cass Sr.
Writer: Mark Valenti

What does this second movie have in common with The Christmas Train?  Oh, it's about Showbiz.  The stories are very different, but both are about the entertainment industry, and both are about Christmas, and two old couples finding each other again...well, something like that.

If The Christmas Train has stars I've been admiring, at the very least, if I may reiterate, since the 1980s and a couple since the 1990s, this made for TV movie has MELISSA GILBERT whom I've admired since she played Laura Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie(later the very CONTROVERSIAL Laura Ingalls Wilder).

It may be a formulaic story(oh my, here I go again), but...

Well, let's just say I love the little girl who played Kristin named LENNON WYNN.

The story was OK.  It did have some enjoyable scenes.

So if you're gonna ask me which of the two I like better, I would have to say The Christmas Train.

I have nothing more to say.

:-)

Thanks for your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)