Hitched For the Holidays(2012)/ October Kiss(2015)/ A Christmas Kiss II(2014)/ A Midnight Kiss(2018)


cast of October Kiss




Four beautiful movies that touched my heart this Holiday Season/these Holy Days: Another Christmas Kiss a.k.a. Christmas Kiss(2014); Hitched for the Holidays(the only thing about CHRISTmas and Hanukkah -2012); October Kiss(2015); and A Midnight Kiss(2018)

A MIDNIGHT KISS

This movie is close to my heart because I was once a party and event planner who moonlighted as a singer and host(conventions, parties for corporations, weddings, kiddie parties etc.).  I also gave a lot of dreams in the name of "loving my family" and prioritising then, so this hit some soft spots.  Story wise, I love it.  Did I think they were a believable couple? Not so much, but it's doable.  The girl played by ADELAIDE KANE looked more in love.  Even if she did try to kick him, she was impressed with him from day one of his working vacation, and it showed.  As for CARLOS PENAVEGA, he was like a jitterbug.  I'm not certain if this is the first movie I saw him without Alexa, but it seemed like it.  He's just different without her, but he can act.  He's just so...well, dynamic, for lack of a better term at the moment.

What I love about this movie is the PEARSON FAMILY.  The love is definitely there.  Oh, I love Kate Clark too.

Moving on...

October Kiss

ASHLEY WILLIAMS and SAM JAEGER may not be a real couple, but they surely made me believe for almost two hours that they are.

OK, this may be a tried and tested formula, but it offered not only a few new things, but lots of them.  

The kids are adorable...and by golly, Miss Molly, even Abigail grows on you.  Who is Abigail?  Someone who wants to be a big part of the Widower and his wonderful kids.

I don't really practice Halloween that way anymore, but I loved this movie.  If I haven't met someone like Poppy, I wouldn't believe that everything she did in this movie is possible.  My friend, who is very much like Poppy, is amazing.  I remembered her fondly while watching this movie.

Moving on...

A Christmas Kiss II a.k.a. Another Christmas Kiss

I can't decide if I like this more than Hitched For the Holidays or I like that better, but maybe I love them both equally, if that's even possible.

I like how Cooper(ADAM MAYFIELD), a playboy with a Peter Pan complex, changed for the better because of Jenna(ELISABETH HARNOIS)...it may be sort of whirlwind, but it was easy to see how smitten he was with her...and she was not just a passing fancy.

Of course, there were conflicts in this movie, or else it would be boring like the movie adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' Message in a Bottle...you kept wondering where the conflict was, so when it finally happened...wait, I'm not talking about that movie.  I didn't even blog about it...

I like this movie.  It's about family, true friendship, true love, taking chances etc.  Yes, most love stories are like that, but I guess I love this movie because even if there were heartstrings pulled, it's not overly melodramatic(Is that redundant? Am I exaggerating an exaggeration? Hyperbolic?). 

I love the chemistry between them, and their supporting actors did fine jobs too.

Moving on...

Last, but not the least, I'm going to talk about Hitched for the Holidays 

As I mentioned before, among the four movies that I chose to write about as one, this movie is the only one that talks about faith...two kinds even:  Italian Descent Catholics from Queens, and Jews who probably stemmed from European Jews who were involved in the diaspora...

There's the Midnight Christmas Mass, the Eight Days of Hanukkah, etc.

It may be an ordinary story, formulaic even, but I felt every emotion including their kisses that they made it seem real.

There were a lot of outrageous stuff, but it made me laugh a lot(yes, I watched this alone), lifting my spirits to a very high level...almost cloud nine even...most especially the last scenes.

Well, I could yap all day, but I do have a life.  :-p

Thanks for your time.  

:-)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)