Courageous Love (2017)

#UndercoverBoss
Courageous Love follows Alex Shelby(JARED WITHROW) as he encounters romance and intrigue while trying to save the family business that he recently inherited. While working undercover at the New York City branch office he falls in love with an employee named Michelle(JESSICA KOLOIAN). Alex must make a difficult decision to save his company from impending collapse or to follow his heart.-imdb
Directed by Daniel Knudsen
Written by Mark A. Knudsen 


Alex(as played by JARED WITHROW):

...so a good name is impossible for me now.

John Grame (As played by TIM KAISER):Alex, the future is always going to be uncertain. You'll never gonna know exactly what to do, but you're always going to have a choice, and if you have the courage to do the right thing, then others will too. That's real leadership.

This is one of the most inspiring movies ever, but... How do I say this without sounding like a critic? I could not, so I'll just say it. The guy playing Alex Shelby, Jared Withrow, during the first half of the movie, was so boring. Thankfully, when he and his childhood friend or acquaintance meet again, this movie becomes a little exciting, and Jared adds a little passion in Alex.  Maybe, just maybe, the director intended Alex to be so lame, ergo, Jared did his part well.  Little by little, Alex becomes endearing, and not boring at all.  Mr. Withrow has great chemistry with JESSICA KOLOLOIAN who plays the firm, but loving, Michelle, and aforementioned childhood friend.  Mr. Withrow improved and glowed a lot in Ms. Kololoian's presence, making his attraction to her quite believable in the movie.  Ms. Kololoian glowed as well.

📖

I got to read some of the reviews, and one said something like it's too preachy.  Well, for me it isn't.

It's a Christian movie, yes, but it's also shows a lot of things even everyday people undergo...even those who aren't Christians.

Is the movie predictable?  That seems to be the ISSUE worldwide.  My answer is:  Yes and no.

Yes, because it's a Christian movie, and somehow as a viewer I already had an idea from the start that there will be problems, but the main protagonists would overcome them.  I know that even Christians don't have their prayers answered in the way they want their prayers answered, but...

The things in between the predictable parts are what makes the story interesting.  

It gets pretty exciting...and that's not even about the love story between Alex and Michelle.  There are scenes that made me bite my nails, figuratively, but still...

Yes, I was even put on the edge of my seat.

God was injected here and there, but even a non-believer would be able to relate with the characters.

I watch a lot of drama anthologies/TV series that are about the CORPORATE WORLD, and I'm just glad that the usual suspects aren't the the devious, conniving serpents in this story.  Well, I might've guessed who the real culprits are from the beginning, but I didn't guess what they would do to triumph.

My point is that this could be a secular film too.

Sigh.

I'm blabbering.  It's just that I love the story so much. 

I hope more people would get to watch this one day.


💌 
Thanks for your time.

  • Jared Withrow as Alex Shelby, the new Big Boss, central character
  • Jessica Koloian as Michelle Long, an inspiration to many, but was framed-up by her boss. The love of the central character's life.  
  • Kristina Kaylen as Kayla Long, Michelle's loving and protective sister.
  • Patricia Mauceri as Jenny Sánchez, the REAL person running Shelby Engineering.  Wink, wink.
  • Tim Kaiser as John Grame, Alex's mentor
  • Holly Houk as Julie Shelby, Alex's sister
  • Michael Tremblay as Darren Chambers, a douchebag
  • Nathan Jacobson as Clay Dorcette, Alex's best friend and one of his advisers 
  • Kurt Hierholzer as Ron, one of the persons Michelle has inspired
  • Greg Wolfe as Storman, a big shot lawyer
  • Daniel Knudsen as Jason Kwilos(The Movie's Director plays a Scandinavian Savant type guy)
  • Jack Gross as Troy Chambers, Darren's son
  • Heidi Scribner as Lisa Chambers, Darren's wife
(Source: Wikipedia and imdb)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)