Debbie Macomber's Mrs. Miracle(2009)



Written by David Golden based on Debbie Macomber's Mrs. Miracle series story #4

Directed by Michael M. Scott

We all have guardian angels...ones we cannot see, but actually feel their presence.  They have powers, but they were instructed to have their strengths intensified when we ask for their help and believe.

In this story we meet a type of guardian angel called the transient guardian angel.  They help our guardian angels with a special mission, but when they accomplish whatever mission they have, they leave the invisible ones because they can manage handling their wards on their own, by the help of God's grace.

This story's transient guardian angel is called Mrs. Miracle, played by DORIS ROBERTS.  Her human name is actually Mrs. Merkle, but the six-year-old twins call her Mrs. Miracle, and you know what, it actually suits her.

She never discussed about money, but she made quite a first impression with the twins.  Even as a stranger, their father, Seth Webster, played by Dawson...I mean, JAMES VAN DER BEEK...felt at home with Mrs. Merkle.

Mrs. Merkle's missions were: 1) To take care of the twins, and make them responsible young men; 2)Help the two main characters meet; 3)Help in the healing process of the two main characters et cetera, et cetera.

Ms. Macomber with the "twins"

It's easy for me to see why Ms. Macomber is one of my late maternal grandmother's favourite authors.  I like her too, and I am glad that even with some differences, since she supervises the production and all, the movie is still somewhat true to the storyline.  In this case, this story was taken from the Angelic Intervention #4.

I like this made for TV movie.  The two lead characters actually crossed paths earlier in their lives, but they weren't supposed to meet yet.  They met at the right time, and Mrs. Miracle was God's instrument.

There were some issues with continuity, but that's a verrrrry minor matter.

I guess I better cut this short.  I won't do a roll call, and I would stop my babbling.

When I post stuff, unless it's something playing on the big screen or something, sometimes it takes a while, or sometimes I just have to be like a singing angel heralding the good news.  ;-)

Which is which?  It's for me to know...

Thanks for your time!

note: all photographs are from imdb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)