Love in Paradise (2016)


Father and daughter Casey and Heather Twain own and operate Paradise Ranch, a combination working/5-star dude ranch outside of Big Sky, Montana, the dude part of the ranch which is just about to open for the season. They decide to hire actor Avery Ford for a promotional event to mark the opening, Avery the star of the "Aim to Please" series of westerns, which Casey, a once famous cowboy in his own right, loves. What the Twains have failed to tell Avery or his agent Candace is that the ranch, whose 5 stars are based solely on authenticity and not luxuries, has been losing more and more business each year, where another failing year will mean the loss of the ranch, which has been in the family for generations. The PR event is a last ditch effort to have a good enough season to pay off their creditors. An amoral developer named Guthrie is just waiting for the ranch to fail so that he can buy it for a song and turn it into condos, despite he coming from a ranching background himself. In ... Written by Huggo


Those who truly know me know that I love horses.  Unfortunately, horses don't love me back, so I can only ride trained horses...that's it.  :-)

Anyways, that's one of the reasons I watched this made for TV movie that Mr. LUKE PERRY conceptualised and brought to the screen by the DOBROFSKY couple while SEAN MCNAMARA was at the helm.  

Hmm...Is that the best way to describe it?

Anyways, let me talk about how much I like this movie.  Well, I'll try.  

I can never imagine myself living in a ranch, but it surely made me want to at least go on vacation and try roughing it.

I like how Avery Ford, a fraudulent dude...OK, a fake cowboy...alright, an actor who fakes his skills, meaning his good in faking it, little by little became an authentic cowboy...rancher.

I like his partner in this movie, the very beautiful EMMANUELLE VAUGLER, who plays Heather Twain, the daughter of the legendary Casey Twain played by TOM BUTLER.  To be honest, physically speaking, she's too beautiful for Mr. Perry, but of course, Mr. Luke Perry is Mr. Luke Perry.  He has already proven himself.  He was once branded as the James Dean of the 1990s.  If Mr. Dean was fortunate enough to grow old, I bet Mr. Perry's current stature would be a fair comparison.  Yes, you might argue that he never reached Mr. Dean's stellar power, but...OK, we can never really compare the two, but...

Avery Ford is so like Mr. Perry in the sense that he no longer is the matinee idol that he used to be.  Unlike Avery Ford at the start of this movie, Mr. Perry aged gracefully.

Eventually, once he learns the ropes, Avery Ford would become endearing.

OK, I better stop now before I give the whole story.

I would just like to congratulate everyone involved in this film.

Good job, you guys.

To the reader:  Thanks for dropping by. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)