The Mistletoe Inn(2017)

Directed by Alex Wright
Written for Television by Michael Nourse based on the book by Richard Paul Evans

Kim Ross (Witt), an aspiring romance novelist, finds herself unceremoniously dumped by her soon-to-be-published romance novelist boyfriend, Garth. She decides to take a leap and signs up for a romance writing retreat at a quaint Vermont Inn shortly before Christmas. There, a top romance novelist is scheduled to attend. Shortly after Kim's arrival she meets Zeke, whom she finds to be intrusive. As luck would have it, he ends up being her assignment partner and worse yet, the ex-boyfriend is also at the retreat. Despite various bumps Kim manages to step outside her comfort zone, surprising herself. Even more surprising is the unstoppable attraction that seems to be building between her and Zeke, that will change her life in ways she never imagined. Based on the bestselling novel by Richard Paul Evans. Written by nadawi95

If you asked me to choose who the most effective character in this movie is, and I only had to choose one, then I would say that CASEY MANDERSON as Garth would be the one.  Why?  It's because he was so immersed in his character that I wanted to plot his...no, not murder. No worries.  I don't have those kind of thoughts.  I just wanted to avenge Kim(ALICIA WITT) because he was always trying to crush her spirit.  Good thing Kim had her dad(LINDEN BANKS), and she met a great friend at the Writers' Conference in Samantha(LUCIE GUEST).  She also met Zeke(DAVID ALPAY) at the Writers' Conference, but they didn't exactly hit it off immediately, but when they did, there was magic in the air.

The story is great because it was based on the best seller written by RICHARD PAUL EVANS, but...wait, I couldn't really expect much because there was time constraint.

Now back to Casey Manderson.  I gotta hand it to him.  His role and his lines were unreal, but he was able to pull it off.  I really wanted to hate him...er, Garth. 

As for the female lead, well I've seen better Alicia Witt movies, but she didn't do badly...It's just that...In this country we call it, pa-cute.  She is a very talented actor.  I know she could've done better, but reiterate that she didn't do badly.  I still respect her very, very much.

As for David Alpay, I think he did well.  Plus he was also able to show how appealing he is in this movie. 


📔📓📔 

Lucie Guest's role, Samantha, is such an admirable person.  Even if she just met Kim, she became a true friend to her, and she probably is the best there is for Kim.  If I got to chose two best characters, then I would say Samantha is the other one.  

🖊🖋✐✍🖊🖋✐✍
I guess I have nothing more to say, except for, "Props for Sarge, the Dog!"

Thanks for your time.

:-)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)