The Christmas Wish(1998)

This made-for-TV movie is about Wall Street hotshot Will Martin (Neil Patrick Harris), who goes back to his hometown after his grandfather dies, despite feeling that he doesn't belong there any more. As everyone gets ready for the Christmas season, Martin is busy working in the family real estate business. While going through his grandfather's things, he and his grandmother (Debbie Reynolds) discover a diary that mentions an unknown woman named Lilian. Will decides to track her down.-Google Search (the image below is from Google images...the image above is from imdb)
Today is the last day of Christmas, and earlier this evening I watched THE CHRISTMAS WISH(1998, an IAN BARRY Film).  It stars DEBBIE REYNOLDS, NEIL PATRICK HARRIS, NAOMI WATTS, IAN MELTZER, ALEXANDRA WILSON and BEVERLY ARCHER.

The pacing was slow, but every scene was meaningful.  I have not read the book written by RICHARD SIDDOWAY, that was adapted for television by BETH POLSON cowritten with technical stuff by GREG TAYLOR, and directed by IAN BARRY.

I have been putting off watching this movie, and  I didn't know why.  When I was in the middle of the story, I knew in my heart that the timing was right.

This movie is about many things, and it's mostly about forgiveness, and the spirit of Christmas.

It is well-acted, well-written, and well thought of.  I loved meeting everyone in this movie...yes, including Julia(Alexandra Wilson) and Mr. Hanning(GARY BAYER).  

Of course, when Will(Neil Patrick Harris) met Renee(Naomi Watts), and her precocious six-year-old, Justin(Ian Meltzer), I knew they were meant to be together, but thankfully, there's more to the story than that.

Well, I won't give anything away.  This may be a twenty-year-old made for television movie, but it surely is worth watching.





This isn't exactly the emerald necklace in the story, but...

Thanks for your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)