Royal Matchmaker(2018)

Directed by MIKE ROHL
Written by Mark Amato
When I learned BRITTANY BRISTOW was in this movie, I wondered why she wasn't the Royal Matchmaker.  It's not that I don't like BETHANY JOY LENZ, because I do.  I just wondered, that's all.  When I came to terms with it, I thought Brittany's role would end up with the Prince's Valet, Victor(JOSEPH THOMPSON), but...

Anyways, I am writing about this because I like the story...the acting is good, but I just didn't see the chemistry between Bethany and WILL KEMP.

Will's eyes did not glow when Bethany was around.  The story obviously pointed to that direction, but the acting, though I reiterate was good, did not make us see what the King(SIMON DUTTON) saw.

I remember when I was in love with someone ages ago, one of my friends said, "I don't see any chemistry between the two of you." It turned out she was right.  I remembered that friend when I was watching this movie because that's how "I" saw it. They just don't have the chemistry.

When Kate(Bethany's role) was crying, I felt her pain, but together with Prince Sebastian, I just did not realise(even if I know the story was supposed to be that way) that they were already falling in love.  When Prince Sebastian mentioned to Victor about butterflies, and when he saw the brooch made of butterflies, I felt Prince Sebastian's love for Kate was evident...

It just seemed to me that she was indeed the royal matchmaker.

Well, who am I to judge them?  Who am I to criticise their acting?  

I'll just reiterate that there's nothing wrong with their acting.  There's just no magic between them.

If it's any consolation, towards the end(I won't say which part), some sparks would fly.

In real life there are people who also are great in hiding their feelings...but the audience should have an idea, right?  I hope I make sense.


👑

I guess that's it.

Thanks for your time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)