My super delayed reaction "paper" on Wicked the Musical



WICKED: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz

The songs have been inspiring me even before I watched the musical and learned the story. All the while I thought I knew what the real story is, but little did I know that this musical is sorta, kinda, an inside story of what really happened in the Land of Oz.  


It was when I finally watched this musical that I realised that it was a comedy, because  I kept laughing and laughing, but I also learned that this story is  deeper than the ocean, and higher than the sky.  We may be laughing about the antics of Glinda(Galinda) and some other characters, including Elphaba,  but this is a political farce created by spin doctors headed by the Wizard and that Professor Morrible.  

Music Stephen Schwartz
Lyrics Stephen Schwartz
Book Winnie Holzman
Basis Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
by Gregory Maguire
Premiere May 28, 2003: Curran Theatre, San Francisco

The song above is one of my favourites along with Defying Gravity.  It shows the love between Fiyero and Elphaba.  The scene is full of emotions and the energy between them could make one fly.

This is one of the best versions of the Frank Baum classic.  Of course, it's a reimagining of the original story, and became a different story altogether.  

The music and lyrics are a wonderfully made, and there were many musical number that gave me goosebumps.

Well, I think I better go now.  It's almost 1:00 AM, and I still have service at 8:00 AM.

💁🐺🏡🌈🍭💆🐯🐻❇️🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐲🔮👠👠🎈

Thanks a bunch for your time.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)