A Christmas Homecoming (2017)


THE MOVIE

Cast overview, first billed only:
Julie Benz as Amanda/Mandy
Michael Shanks as Master Sergeant James Mullins/Jim
Kirsten Robek ... Victoria
Toby Levins ... Craig

Source
Julie Benz and Michael Shanks
This movie is very close to my heart.

As a military brat I've seen a lot of my friends and neighbours lose a loved one or two because of war, ambushes, and other reasons, but I couldn't picture myself as never being a military brat.  It was hard during Martial Law because the other people seemed to not understand the sense of duty our fathers had for our country because most of the people thought that all of the military personnel, which included the Philippine Constabulary that time, were all cronies. Still, we were very proud of our fathers(and mothers).

JULIE BENZ plays Amanda, a widow of a military officer who died while deployed overseas.  She is a very caring person, but she's afraid to take a chance again with Jim(MICHAEL SHANKS) who is in between deployments because of his foot that needs to time to heal.  She does not know if she could handle the pain or the hurt of losing him...

Sigh.  I know I've said this time and again, and it is really easier said than done.  Everyone dies, one way or another.  Why stop yourself from being in love just because you are afraid of losing them?  Isn't it better to have loved and lost, than not to have loved at all?  Wouldn't it be best to spend precious moments with someone you love, than not spend some time with them just because you are afraid that you'd lose them anyway?

I remember one friend of mine blurting out, "Oh, if I married that guy I would've been his widow."

My gosh. What an awful thing to say! So what?!?  At least before being his widow they would have wonderful memories together than having none at all.


This movie is very fair to the members of the Armed Forces and their families.  It has many touching scenes.

It is about life, love, family, friendship, and of course, Christmas.

It has its uniqueness with a dash of some formula not from any kind of bottle.

Surely, it's worth your time.

🎖💜🎖

Thanks for your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)