Your Love Never Fails (2011)

Returning to rural Texas to fight for custody of her daughter, a high-powered New York investment banker gets a second chance to follow her heart.
Initial release4 February 2011
John Schneider as the handsome and charismatic Pastor Frank


Elisa Donovan and Brad Rowe play estranged couple Laura Connors and Dylan Hackett 

Written By:
Peter Sullivan and Michael Feifer

Casting by:
Dean E. Fronk
Donald Paul Pemrick

When I started playing this movie and saw the stars, I thought JOHN SCHNEIDER was the leading man.  More or less, John and ELISA DONOVAN only have a ten year difference, more or less, so I thought, "Great...John and Elisa have good onscreen chemistry."

When John appeared as Pastor Frank looking so dashing and all, I knew he wasn't the leading man.  It wouldn't be right if the guy who married the central characters and baptised their only child would end up with the leading lady.  It could happen, and we couldn't judge people if it does happen, but since by the looks of it, it's a predictable flick, I knew that the Pastor wouldn't end up with Laura.

It's just that John Schneider gives a vibe...I mean his body language, at least in the movie shows him thinking, "I'm a Pastor, so I couldn't flirt with you, but if I could..."  Of course, that's not true.  The story states that he's just there to give sound advice, etc.  

Besides, it's BRAD ROWE who plays Dylan Hackett, the estranged husband.  They are not divorced, so it was easy to guess what would happen next.

Some of the members of the cast besides the aforementioned:

KIRSTIN DORN plays Kelsey, a nine-year-old little girl that both parents love and adore.  She's a natural with horses and other animals, but she loves her school and her friends in NYC.  

TOM SKERITT plays Pops/Jack Connors, Laura's dad and Dylan's father-in-law.

TRACEY GOLD plays Laura's lawyer and good friend, Samantha Pierce.

FRED WILLARD plays Paul, Laura's boss who keeps forgetting Laura is in Texas.  He also keeps reminding Laura that she is indispensable. 

CATHERINE HICKS plays the no-nonsense Judge Cramer.

VICTORIA PRATT plays the beautiful Anne Marie.

Even with the predictable plot, it's not a waste of time, at least for me. It would have been better if Dylan was played by John Schneider, because for me, they had more chemistry.  Brad Rowe is equally handsome, but he had more chemistry with Victoria Pratt, but maybe the casting directors, Dean E. Fronk and Donald Paul Pemrick, did that on purpose.

There were just scenes between Schneider and Donovan that were "too close for comfort", though it's supposed to be an innocent talk between a Pastor and a member of the congregation so story wise, there's nothing to it.   There really isn't.  

I think the purpose of that scene is that people should not read into things or jump to conclusions just because they see people talk in a certain way.

The horses and other animals were plus factors for this movie.

Even if I knew how it would end, it was enjoyable, and I reiterate, definitely NOT a waste of time.

I hope I didn't waste yours.

Thanks for reading.  









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)