The Day After Valentine's (2018)

By Source (WP:NFCC#4), Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=61444331

Written and Directed by Jason Paul Laxamana

Teaser for new Bela Padilla-JC Santos movie is heartbreaking



Two Amerasians meet by accident, become instant friends.  The girl helps the boy, the boy listens.  She becomes like a wheel chair, then later a crutch, then later a counsellor, until she wasn't needed anymore, at least in that department.

You could interpret the ending in so many ways, after all the day after valentine's is still in future tense, and the future is not set in stone(my favourite phrase, so it seems).

Did what I say be considered a spoiler?  Yes and no.

This movie is beautiful.  Some, though not all, applauded when it ended.

If you listen hard, you could even learn a lot or be reminded of things you have forgotten.

The first characters in the Arabic alphabet are ALIF-BA-TA. The “F” was dropped due to it rolling off the tongue better as Alibata rather than Alifbata.  Baybayin comes from the root word Baybay meaning to spell. ... Baybayin and Alibata are the same thing except that Alibata is the wrong term-source

I like the scenes in Lanai, Hawaii.  It's a place in Hawaii I have never been to...well, there are lots of places in Hawaii that I haven't been to, but I have always called our porch Lanai, and I also know that it's an island in the 50th State of America.

JC SORIANO, as Kai, did not pretend to know everything, but he knew enough.  

I'm not sure if it was at Magandang Buhay where I saw a clip when BELA PADILLA, as Lani, exclaimed that the place is beautiful and Kai asked what made the place beautiful because all he could see was a shipwreck.  Other tourists would have said the richness of the history of the that shipwreck, but Lani said she loves broken things.

The Beauty in the Broken Places is a good book by Alison Pataki, and Beauty in the Broken is another movie I watched this year, and I believe this myself.

In one way or another, most, if not all, are scarred and broken people, no matter how jolly some people may seem.

There are trials and back stories that we are not ready to share to the world, even to our closest friends and confidantes.  So before we judge people, and let's face it, most, if not all, of us are guilty of judging people one way or another, we must always remember that everybody has a story.

🚢
This movie is mostly just Bela and JC/Lani and Kai.  Their characters remind me of a place named after my Tita/Cousin in Davao, Lanikai, meaning heavenly sea.  

Both main characters are true thespians, and it's obvious that their heads aren't empty.

I love the flow of the story.  Hats off to the writer/director Mr. JASON PAUL LAXAMA for this masterpiece.

I hope more people would get to see this for truly it is not a waste of time to do so.


Aloha oe no kou manawa!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)