I'm In Love With A Church Girl (2013)/Love on Safari (2018)

What do these two stories have in common?  Maybe it's about finding love in places where they least expected them to be.  Miles found redemption and true love, while Kira rediscovered adventure and found true love.  Which do I like better?  That's where I couldn't compare the two if it's just about the content.  The first is about faith in God and His amazing grace.  The second is about love for the environment.  Does God play a role in the second movie?  Of course.  Who do you think created the world, well, the entire universe for that matter?   Anyways, to answer that hanging question, as a whole, I like I'M IN LOVE WITH A CHURCH GIRL more than LOVE ON SAFARI.

Based on several true stories including executive producer Pastor Galley Molina's life.  Pastor Molina wrote the script inside a prison cell. 

The film is dedicated to Pastor Edward Harris *Nov. 30, 1944 -  +Jan. 27, 2012 
When a tough-minded ex-drug dealer falls for a beautiful but highly devout woman, their mutual attraction takes them both down a twisty path.
Initial release18 October 2013
Budget3 million USD
Box office2.5 million USD
I came across this movie when I was looking for something with a Christian theme that was wholesome and could strengthen my faith.  I almost wrote this off when it looked like it magnified the underworld and all its filth, but something inside me told me to keep on watching.  

When Miles met Vanessa, she wasn't wearing moderate clothing.  As a matter of fact, she was wearing something low-necked that is actually provocative already, but my conscience told me, "Hey, are you judging Vanessa? Are you saying she's not holy?"

I have no right to do that.  Occasionally I do wear off shoulder blouses, and some of my gowns are low-necked too, and I do serve in Church.  Do I want people to judge me?

Others thought I was two-faced and tried to have phone sex with me.  I had friends present so I have witnesses that I didn't actually do it, but I did feel violated when I heard some of the things he was imagining he was doing to me.  What more if I heard everything?  He eventually said sorry, so I forgave him.  I think he is a good person, but we just have different values.  So who am I to judge what Vanessa was wearing, right? So I went past that now. Honestly, I have written material that was worse than what I have heard, but when I was a Born Again Christian, I burned them.  I repented, confessed, then tried to live my life only for HIM, and HIM alone.

I still falter once in a while.  I am still not perfect.  If I were, I would have probably crossed over already.

The love story between Vanessa and Miles is beautiful.  Miles now is pastor, but he did things in the past that he is not proud of. 

One thing I love about his story of redemption is that he did not contain God's mercy in a jar.  He shared God's goodness and became a good influence to his extended family.

I like the way this story is presented.  The scenes were natural and not preachy.  Miles even got angry with God when a couple of tragic things happened to his loved ones. 

He eventually surrendered everything to HIM and made a promise that he eventually kept.

To find out how God changed his life, I hope you get to watch this movie.  I am quite sure you wouldn't regret it.  


After Kira inherits a wildlife reserve in South Africa, she travels there to meet the no-nonsense head ranger, Tom. When she learns the reserve is in financial jeopardy and she may have to sell it to her uncle's competitor, Tom urges her to save it by taking her on a safari in hopes that she will fall in love with the land, the animals, and hopefully him. -The Hallmark Channel

The lighter among two stories is this one.  This is also the more wholesome one among the two movies I am sharing about.

LACEY CHABERT apparently is one of Hallmark TV's treasures.  She gets to act in heartwarming stories and she also gets to be paired with very handsome leading men.  JOHN COR  is definitely one of them.  

The movie is about preserving nature.  Nature is life, so it is about preserving life.

The place is glorious.

The love story?  There's not so much buildup here, but hey, I love Lacey, but between her and BRITTANY BRISTOW, I think I would choose BB over her.  Her character has an awesome personality and she's also beautiful on the outside.  They were wise to make her Tom's sister. If she had a bad personality and she's not Tom's sister, then maybe I would understand.  :-p  I know, I know, there's more to love than appearances, but...  
I think if they do make Lacey the lead star again, they should give her more challenging roles...let her get out of her comfort zone.  She has been acting since she was a kid, and she was great in Party of Five. She had better roles when she was younger.   I just hope the next movie, whether in the theatre or on the television again, I wouldn't see Lacey, but I would see the character she is playing.
Anyways, I enjoyed this movie, and I really like it...it just lacks something I couldn't place, but I won't rack my brain for it.
The important thing is that it served its purpose.  I enjoyed this wholesome movie, especially the scenes from South Africa.

When Kira Slater inherits an Animal Reserve in South Africa she must decide whether to sell it or leave the safety of her life in Chicago and risk everything for this new world she has fallen in love with. Seeing the children from the school her uncle built and witnessing the beauty of animals walking freely in their natural habitat will convince her what the right choice is.   Written by Leif Bristow 
(the TV movie's director- 
he's the dad of Brittany Bristow)

Thanks for your time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)