Mr. 365 (2018) and The Art of Us (2017)

What do they have in common?  They both have adorable dogs who play major parts in the love stories.  Let me know if in this case they used the same dog.   I think he is the same one. Such a great actor.  Vincent in THE ART OF US, and Romeo in MR. 365.  I've seen him in many other movies

Director: Kristoffer Tabori (as K.T. Donaldson)
Writers: Karen Berger, Teri Wilson (author)

Loosely based on "My Fair Lady" it's about a Doctor of Visual Arts and a dog walker with a hidden talent he developed during art therapy.  They meet by chance because of the cute dog called Vincent.  I just don't get why she had to introduce herself as Dr. Harper Higgins, just to show how disparate they are.  Is that how insecure she was?  Oh well.  I love the dog and the artwork.  
When reality show producer Sophia (Chelsea Hobbs) is assigned to convince Christmas fanatic Will (Christopher Russell) to be on their holiday special, she imagines him to be an oddball Momma’s boy wearing a reindeer Christmas sweater. What she doesn’t expect is the handsome, mysterious man who captures her attention, and seems determined to win her heart.

Their attraction is undeniable, and as charming Sophia convinces Will to work with her, she slowly unwraps the mysteries of his past that make this determined and soulful man still yearn for the childhood he never had.

When the chaos of production starts, will Sophia be able to keep her promises to protect Will from being exploited, or will the bitter truth of reality television be a runaway train of disaster for both of them?

Join Sophia, Will and his dog Romeo to enter the world of his enchanting holiday house where stars shine indoors and snow is always falling…365 days of the year.-source


Both movies are generally wholesome.  MR. 365 has some steamy love scenes, but nothing out of the ordinary was shown, so it's still wholesome enough.

One movie is loosely based on PYGMALION/MY FAIR LADY, and it is called THE ART OF US.  The other is about a guy who celebrates Christmas all year long, and based on RUTH CLAMPETT's novel of the same title(Mr. 365).

I must admit that I've seen both flicks on youtube on the penultimate day of the year 2018.

The Art of Us kept me at the edge of my seat.  I knew something bad was going to happen, I just did not know when.  It's a light enough story and it's not a suspense thriller, but since it's loosely based on something, I knew that there was some sort of conflict that was going to happen.  I forgot to check who did the real artwork, but he or she should be credited.  I'm sure he or she was...

I really loved Vincent the Dog here.  I loved how he and Tom Becker(STEVE LUND) communicated.  They are awesome together.

Mr. 365's lead character didn't hide their feelings towards each other, and I like that.  Maybe they are too modern for my taste, but I really hate when characters have to hide their feelings due to insecurity, among other things.

Romeo the dog plays a special part in both our main characters.  He truly is a great judge of character.  

CHELSEA HOBBS and CHRISTOPHER RUSSELL look good together, and they were very believable.  

CHRISTIE WILL WOLF directed this well, GARY GOLDSTEIN did a great adaptation of Ms. Clampett's novel.

I guess this is already long enough.

Thanks for your time.  








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)