Hometown Holiday (2018) Another one of the "Maverick" stories, but this time by Caro Carson

Screenplay by Amanda McNeice LOOSELY based on Caro Carson's "The Maverick's Hometown Masquerade"
Directed by Justin G. Dyck

This is a sweet story.  It may not be so original, but like how I describe other stories that have tried and tested themes, it still has something new to offer.

I particular enjoyed Darryl(STEPHEN HUSZAR) and Maggie(JENNIFER MOTE)'s partnership as a husband and wife.  Darryl is very funny, and Maggie is so in love with him, vice-versa.  I just had an issue with Maggie's hair reaching the face of the newborn baby, but since the parents allowed it, then maybe they thought it was just natural.

I like chemistry between KEVIN MCGARRY(Wes) and SAMANTHA GRACIE(Ashley), and Wes' cute son played by GAVIN SCOTT IRVINE.

Of course, there was also some magic between BRADLEY HAMILTON and SARAH TROYER, but the aforementioned were more believable.  Anyways, my favourite moment between them was when they took that beautiful photograph of them with the big tree behind them.  It just felt so real.  As for The Christmas Carol performance and audition, let me think.  :-) I have no right to say this, but I think it should have been so impressive that it knocked the socks off of the director. A Wow moment.  Oh well.  It was good enough.

ANDY YU appears here as big wig who sort of steals someone's girlfriend(MISHAEL MORGAN), but it's more of he was used for his power or influence.

All in all, it was pretty enjoyable.  I like it.  I *might* watch it again some day.

I guess that's all I have to say.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)