Memories of Christmas (2018)

Noelle (Milian) was raised by the queen of Christmas. When she inherits her late mother's house, she finds out that her mother had been hiring someone to decorate it - Dave (Taylor). The deal is off, but Dave convinces Noelle to let him carry on the tradition. As the display goes up, Noelle's defenses start to come down. She embraces the town's Christmas gala that was her mother's legacy, finds unexpected love, and develops a joy for the holidays that she never thought possible.
Sepia Films

Directed by Tibor Takács
Story and Screenplay by Valerie Alexander
Teleplay by Jamie Pachino and John Wierick

Memories of Christmas is a beautiful made for TV movie, and I must admit, it took a while before I wrote this blog entry.

These IG exchanges even happened first(before writing this blog, just to reiterate):


jaimecallica

@nixca316 You enjoy it?!

nixca316

@jaimecallica Very much...I enjoyed it very much. I just haven't blogged about it yet, but heartstrings were pulled...nevertheless, it still brought some smiles on my face and my companions. Touching. Very touching, indeed!


jaimecallica

@nixca316 So glad you enjoyed it!! 🤗❤️


nixca316

@jaimecallica For you to be Rex, did you have to dig deep into the character to bring those emotions?





jaimecallica@nixca316 Hey! Playing Rex took some additional attention ahead of time as I don't normally play 'conflict' in a lot of the films I've done. So while it wasn't particularly difficult, I did focus on not being too cute or smiley etc as Rex is the kind of guy that would normally focus on himself until he needed something, and would then turn the charm on to get it. I enjoyed ready hundreds of Tweets when it premiered in the States where people really disliked Rex... Meant I played him well!
nixca316@jaimecallica you surely did 😊

It's not every time when I get involved in a story, whether it is something light, or something deep, but when I do, I feel like I'm really there, experiencing everything with them.

I chanced upon Mr. Callica's post on IG when he was promoting the TV movie.  It just so happened one of his followers made a comment about watching it earlier, and I said I watched it too around that time.  It's great that he really responds to his followers...it was only today that I realised that I wasn't one of them, his followers, yet, so I changed that.  I really thought I was.

Just before watching Memories of Christmas, I watched him on Christmas on Holly Lane.  I started blogging about that movie alongside Shoelaces for Christmas, but I haven't finished that blog entry just yet.

This movie's central characters are Dave(MARK TAYLOR) and Noelle(CHRISTINA MILLAN), but Rex is very important too, and so are Karen(BRANDI ALEXANDER) and the others. 

One thing I liked about this movie is that it's not a white dominated film where people of color are sidekicks or whatever.  Let me make it clear, I have nothing against them, but let's face it.  Most Hallmark stories are like that...even the ones that I love.

Well, I guess that's it.

Oh wait...the SNOWGLOBES! :-) How could I forget about them? Christina Millan had a made for TV movie about being inside a snowglobe...one or more.

☃❄❅❆⛄🏂

Merry CHRISTmas season everyone.  The 12 days of Christmas aren't over yet.  :-)  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)