A Gift to Remember (2017)

Darcy’s lifelong love of reading has led her to the perfect job, working in a small Philadelphian bookstore. One day, while bicycling to work, Darcy crashes into Aidan - a sharply dressed gentleman walking his dog. Knocked unconscious, he’s rushed to the hospital where he falls into a coma. Deeply shaken, Darcy takes the dog home, waiting to reunite him with his owner, Aidan. As she learns more about Aidan, Darcy realizes he could be the one she has been waiting for. But when the truth is revealed, Darcy learns the picture she created is completely wrong, and that sometimes the truth is even better than fiction. Starring Ali Liebert and Peter Porte. -The Hallmark Channel

"The greatest gift is a portion of thyself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson




“If I am occasionally a little over-dressed, I make up for it by being always immensely over-educated.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest.

All photographs "here" are from imdb
Bailey plays a big part in this story, and he plays himself ;-)

Directed by Kevin Fair
Written for television by Dean Orion and Topher Payne based on Melissa Hill's book of the same title

Melissa Hill

Why did I put off watching this movie for the longest time? Why?  It's so beautiful, and one of the most memorable adaptations Hallmark has ever produced!

The actors, from the bit players, to Bailey, to the supporting characters up to the leads were chosen well.  Even Ms. Hill, the author of the novel the story was based, has a cameo here.

The flow of the story is smooth.

It is well-directed, and well-written for television.

Oh my goodness, I'm giddy, and I feel light, and to think in reality I have swollen legs, arms, feet and hands, plus I'm a little bloated at that, but this movie...well, it's like I'm on a magic carpet ride making me forget my selective acrophobia.

ALI LIEBERT and PETER PORTE have great chemistry, and that red dress Ali wore towards the end of this movie is to die for.

TINA LIFFORD and AURELIO DINUNZIO looked beautiful together.  Oops, did I just give a spoiler?  Maybe I better stop.

If you want spoilers click the link below:

“A Gift to Remember” Recap & Review

A random list of some of the other supporting characters:


RICKY HE (Josh)
KRISTIN YORK (Katherine)
BRANDI ALEXANDER (Nurse Nancy)
KEN CAMROUX-TAYLOR (Terrence)
NICOLE OLIVER (Dr. Holbrook)
MARK MILBURN (Favourite Author, Anthony Parks)
DAVID FRANCO (Mr. Farley/Bob)
VINCENT DANGERFIELD (:-))

Thanks for your time.  :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)