The Most Wonderful Time of Year (2008)

Jennifer Cullen (Brooke Burns) is a single, working mom who has become somewhat of a Scrooge when it comes to the Holiday season. Even her six-year-old son Brian is having trouble believing in Santa Claus. When Jen’s Uncle Ralph (Henry Winkler), a retired police officer, comes to visit for Christmas, he brings along a new friend, a nomad and Jack-of-all-trades named Morgan Derby (Warren Christie). The two met on a flight, and Morgan’s plans to continue on to Denver are cancelled when he finds out the city is completely snowed in. Jen is wary of the stranger, but at Ralph’s request, agrees to let him stay the night. She warms up to Morgan, especially when she sees how he interacts with Brian. Uncle Ralph approves of Morgan, too, but Jen’s boyfriend Richard isn’t nearly as receptive. Meanwhile, Morgan has started to really like Jen, but if she can’t manage to make Christmas about anything more than business, Morgan will be on his way to Denver, and she’ll have missed the opportunity that was right in front of her. Uncle Ralph has done what he can to keep Morgan around, but it’s going to take something more than that to get him penciled into Jen’s long-term plans. Jen just needs to learn “how to do Christmas,” and it turns out Morgan is the perfect one to teach her.-The Hallmark Channel

Written by Bruce Graham
Directed by Michael Scott
Music by Philip Giffin

Starring:

  1. Brooke Burns as Jennifer 'Jen' Cullen
  2. Henry Winkler as Uncle Ralph
  3. Warren Christie as Morgan Derby
  4. Connor Christopher Levins as Brian Cullen
  5. Woody Jeffreys as Richard Windom
  6. Serge Houde as Stephen Windom
  7. Rebecca Toolan as Winnie Windom
  8. Michael Roberds as Chet Wojorski and
  9. Rukiya Bernard as Denise
This movie made for Television is one of the best of its kind.  Maybe faith wise this is isn't the best example of a Christmas story, but the minute the precocious little boy named Brian opened his mouth, I was hooked.

Add to that "Uncle Ralph" leaving a bar passing through the back door showing some idiot some stunts just because that idiot thought he was just an old man.

When the male protagonist entered the scene, it was easy to see(I saw the poster after watching the movie, fyi.) he was going to end up with the female protagonist, the mother of the precocious little boy, and the precious niece of "Uncle Ralph".  The question now was, "How?".  That piqued my interest.

To be honest I was watching this Candace Cameron Bure flick.  It was a good one.  She acted so well, and not in a "cute" manner like almost always.  She showed her serious side, but I wanted to feel light, so I am putting it on hold.  I would watch it later.

I wanted something to take my blues away.  I have been under the weather, but I thought the inevitable was going to happen this morning.  I won't dare expound, but we spent more than five hours in the hospital.  Thankfully, we were sent home, and we had a good lunch at Tito Chef.

I'm babbling again.  Let me get back to the movie...

I love everything about the movie, even the very annoying neighbour.  She has a good heart, and she means well.

Oh, I take that back.  I don't like that greedy guy who has this shop, and I don't like the third party, and his parents...I also don't like that garage burglar...well, even so, they all made the story quite interesting.

It's really not how long you know people, but sometimes you just know.  It's a very rare phenomenon, but it does happen sometimes.  I just have to emphasise the word sometimes, because in reality, we should get to know people more before going into serious relationships.

The movie did its purpose, and I purposely did not read any reviews.  I only went to the Wikipedia page to copy the cast, that's all, and I got the photograph from Google Images, but even after watching the movie, I didn't want to taint what I felt after watching it.

I'll just leave you the link I found by accident: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Thanks for your time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)