The Memory Book (2014)

Directed by Paul A. Kaufman
Written by Duane Poole
Budding photographer Chloe (Ory) comes from a family of failed romances. At a local flea market, she stumbles upon an old photo album from the 1970s, chronicling the ideal romance of a happy couple (Hindle and Barbeau). Unable to find her own "true love," she sets out to find the couple in the album and prove that true love exists. Along the way, she meets Gabe Sinclair (Macfarlane), a mysterious, but charming bartender, who seizes the opportunity to join Chloe's mission and soon finds himself falling in love with her. With limited resources, the two go on an adventure, searching for clues that will lead them to the couple, and hopefully to true love. As the search continues, Chloe begins taking an interest in Gabe, but won't let these feelings distract her from her mission to find the couple. Will Chloe learn to give up her fear of falling in love and finally find true happiness? Written by The Hallmark Channel
People who have been hurt too many times are scarred, and very much scared to take a chance again.

MEGHAN ORY's role is such person.  Chloe has been crashed and burned, so when she meets Gabe(LUKE MACFARLANE), she placed imaginary walls thicker than concrete around her.

I like that even with little flirting on Gabe's side, their feelings blossomed gradually, and little by little, Chloe slowly demolished those walls.

I like the side story of Chloe's friend and the guy who was waitering on the side.  I also like the people Gabe and Chloe met along the way. 

WHAT IS A MEMORY BOOK?

A memory book is a scrapbook about the life of the owner of the book.  The leaf that hit you in the eye when you accidentally bump into someone, and that someone becomes a friend for life;

the first receipt of the thing you bought with the money you saved; the first concert ticket you ever purchased et cetera, et cetera.

I used to make lots of scrap books, and I collected a lot of mementos from different parts of the world, but silly me exaggerated the practice of detachment.  I got rid of the cans I collected from different parts of Europe.  My spiritual adviser called it sentimentalism, and I took it to heart.  I was taken aback when I saw that he himself had collections of this and that.  

Anyways, let's not dwell on it, and let's talk about the memory book Chloe got from a Swap Meet/ flea market.  It used to belong to two people named Sarah and Jonathan.  The pictures were full of love, but the seller wasn't the subject of the photographs.  This piqued her interest, and that's where she teamed up with Gabe.

I was glued to the screen because every scene was important.  Creative integrations everywhere.  One way or another I could relate to Chloe and Gabe's quest for answers.

I could also relate to a certain character's regrets...all those years wasted because of pride.

I could go on and on and on, but I would rather that you would watch this on your own and discover the beauty of this story.

It's well-written, well-directed, well-acted, et cetera, et cetera.

I think I better end this now before I get carried away again.

Thanks for your time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)