Christmas Bells Are Ringing (2018)

Samantha "Emilie Ullerup" is a free lance photographer. She is on her way to Cape Cod to celebrate her father's Christmas Eve wedding. She enlists the help of an old childhood friend Mike to meet a deadline for a big Christmas spread that could very well ignite her career. Along the way she falls in love and realizes that Christmas is wherever your family is. -imdb

Written by Nicole Baxter
Directed by Pat Williams

There's just a magical feeling watching a Christmas movie on Christmas day.  True, this is not a Nativity Story, and Christmas is not about magic and all that, but this movie surely does bring out the spirit of Christmas.

This movie is a lot of things rolled into one, but it didn't feel rushed or cramped.  It kind of reminded me of a series I love, but don't blog about called SEALED, SIGNED, DELIVERED... Eric Mabius' character, Oliver, would always say, "Trust the timing!" 

The two lead characters had something going before they parted ways, but somehow their timing was off.  Maybe the timing wasn't really off.  Maybe God was preparing them for one another, and there was a perfect time for them.

Two other characters were about to get married on Christmas Eve.  The female protagonist's father, and future stepmother.

I really hope, if ever I do get to be a stepmother one day, that I would have a relationship as lovely as the female lead and her future stepmother.

Since we're talking about having a future stepmother, let me talk about the female lead, and her feelings about going back to a place that were filled with so many memories.

One character said that if you forget the memories altogether, then that includes the good ones.  Those weren't the exact words, but I think the gist is there.

What else?

Oh, this movie is also about decisions...

A few more sentences then I would be giving the whole story away.  Where's the fun in that?

Well, before I end I would just like to say that I saw and felt the great chemistry between EMILIE ULLERUP and JOSH KELLY.  I also saw some magic between REBECCA STAAB and MARK HUMPHREY.

By the way, I admire the rest of the cast too, like BRENDA CRICHLOW, ROZ MURRAY, TEAGAN VINCZE, and HAMZA FOUAD.

I guess that's about it.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Oh, if you're wondering about the title, stick around until the end of the movie, if you intend to watch it.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)