Assepoester: Een Modern Sprookje (2014) -English Blog entry



This is a modern retelling of the fairytale, Cinderella, Dutch style.  I like this version because it's mostly realistic...yes, it is.  It's up to you if you want to believe me or not, because I really know some mean silly people who actually maltreated certain people.  Thankfully, they got their just deserts.  

Anna is played by HANNAH HOEKSTRA, and she's very beautiful, even when they were making her do all the household chores, plus a bunch of other things.

I could understand why the stepsisters were ugly inside out, but the stepmother...how in the world did Anna's father fall in love with her?  Did she use some sort of potion? Well, she did poison him...at least it was insinuated or something.  

Physical appearances don't matter if one has a good heart, but if you're evil to the core, and you're also unpleasant to look at, then you would look worse than you actually do.

The movie, though it has a dark theme... (from the deepest recesses of Charles Perrault's soul, adapted by the Brothers Grimm, then later on by Walt Disney as collaborated by these people:
Ken Anderson
Perce Pearce
Homer Brightman
Winston Hibler
Bill Peet
Erdman Penner
Harry Reeves
Joe Rinaldi
Ted Sears
Maurice Rapf)

...this Dutch version was creatively adapted by Roos Ouwehand, as Directed by Will Koopman.

I enjoyed watching this version very much.  It is very relatable, and it was great that her mom was there guide her, even in spirit form.

Anna was aware of the fairytale. She even mentioned about a pumpkin and other stuff, and her mom imitated the look of the Fairy Godmother.

She felt sorry for herself, but did not wallow in self pity.

I also like the chemistry between Ms. Hoekstra and Mr. EGBERT JAN WEEBER who plays Prins Lodewijk(close to Prince Ludwig, I think).  They had sweet moments.

I also like the ending, but I won't tell you about it.

It's what I call predictable, but not.

:-)

Thanks for your time.

:-)

From Wikipedia:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)