Hearts of Christmas (2016) TV Movie by Hallmark

Written by J.B. White 
Directed by Monika Mitchell

When a beloved neonatal intensive care unit supervisor is forced to take early retirement, her young colleague, Jenny, decides to turn the upcoming staff Christmas party into a surprise celebration for her. But the plan is complicated by the hospital’s new CFO who’s been tasked to cut costs. Stars Emilie Ullerup and Kristoffer Polaha.-The Hallmark Channel

This movie may not be perfect and does not have big stars in it, but it does leave a mark in one's heart.   

SHARON LAWRENCE is probably one of the few familiar to me along with KIMBERLEY SUSTAD, RACHEL HAYWARD,and BRUCE DAWSON, but I think it's the first time for me to meet the lead stars(I have yet to find out if I'm wrong about this). Maybe.  Maybe not.  I checked their filmography, and I'm guessing I've seen them, but didn't know who they were...Oh, and the dog.  Well, he's famous.   Or should I say "she" because Mr. Dudley is played by Gidget?  Before this movie she played Rose in Unleashing Mr. Darcy. So far she's been in eleven(11) flicks, and one about to be released called Mr. 365 or Forever Christmas starring very handsome Christopher Russell.  

Anyways, I love the flow of the story.  There are conflicts here and there, but they did not exaggerate them.  

This movie is a celebration for our unsung heroes who take care of other people for several hours each day, and at times, even forgetting to take care of themselves.

I know, I know, not everyone has a great bedside manner, but as someone who got confined more than once, people like Alice and Jenny are like gems, or stars shining brightly on a dark and gloomy evening. Being in the hospital during the holidays is a bummer for the patient, and so much more for these honourable people.

The love story between Matt and Jenny isn't forced.  There were predictable parts, but there were a lot of surprises too.  I also love the chemistry between them.  

I shed more than a bucket full of tears...some were tears of joy.

There were some concerns regarding the safety of the newborn in the intensive care unit, like the attire of the people entering the NICU(especially the headgear and lack of masks), et cetera, but I still love the movie.

Did Jenny's calling her stepdad by his first name, then later on calling him dad bother me?  No.  Sometimes I am like Jenny.  Sometimes I call people by their first names, and sometimes I call them by honourifics. 

The movie pulled a lot of heartstrings, but it also brought a lot of smiles to our faces. My favourite part was when the baby, James, smiled when Jenny recited the mantra for angels by Alice to his worried parents.   

Another "favourite" of mine is how Matt says, "Jenny Miller".  It gives me cheap thrills, and my name is not even Jenny. LOL.  Oh, and another thing, there are no "cliffhanger kisses" here.  

Hope you get to see it(the movie).




Oh, and on a personal note, Ms. Ullerup reminds me of my cousin, Kelly, who started up as a banker, and now is a nurse with a Presidential honour(I don't know what it's exactly called) in the US of A.  She also resembles her physically, and she talks like she does.  

⛸⛸⛸⛸🌲🌲🌲🌲⛸⛸⛸⛸

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)