Christmas in Love (2018)

Directed by 
Don McBrearty


Teleplay by 
Stephen A. Stewart  and
Bob Sáenz

Story by
Stephen A. Stewart

Ellie Hartman is an aspiring crafter working in her small town’s bakery making famous Christmas Kringles. When the new, big-city CEO Nick Carlingson visits the bakery, he arrives filled with modernization ideas destined to lay off many employees. During his visit, Ellie is to teach Nick how to make a Kringle, and determined to show him it’s the people who make the business a success, not machines. Nick meets more of the employees and townspeople, visits the food bank and begins to see all the kindness that is shared, and he begins to soften — though not convinced automation isn’t better. Struggling with chasing her own entrepreneurial dreams, Ellie begins to fall for Nick but not before feeling betrayed when she inadvertently sees Nick’s laptop filled with automation plans. When Nick finally tells the employees his future ideas for the company, Ellie must decide if she should trust him, but more importantly, whether to take a leap of faith in making her own dreams come true. Starring Brooke D’Orsay and Daniel Lissing.- The Hallmark Channel  
I had a Sunday movie marathon, but now I do not know what movie I saw first.  It does not matter.  I liked everything I saw.  

At any rate, I must say that this movie, CHRISTMAS IN LOVE, left a mark in my heart.

The premise, theme, treatment, predicaments...well, they are nothing new, but BROOKE D'ORSAY and DANIEL LISSING were so good to look at, there was chemistry...electricity...every time they were together.  Their kisses(yes, Hallmark fans, kisses...PLURAL) were felt down to the spine, and their love onscreen looked so real.  

Well, that's just me.

It was predictable, yes, but I like what I felt after watching this movie, and for me, that's what's important.

I just had a problem with Ellie not wearing a hairnet when everyone else, even Nick Carlingson(at first, but later on they decided he didn't need to wear head gear), had to wear a sanitary attire, like they were going to surgery or something, but otherwise, I think Ellie is amazing. 

I guess that's about it.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)