Beauty and the Beast: A Latter-Day Tale (2007) a.k.a. Belle and the Beast: A Christian Romance

From imdb

Directed by 
B.J. Alexander
Brian Brough

Writing Credits  
Dani Franklin ... (screenplay)

loosely based on
Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont's classic novel called La Belle et la Bête

Brittany Wiscombe (story adaptation)

Source


This movie might not be the best version ever, but I've watched this three times already.  It has been lambasted by critics, seculars and Christians alike.  The seculars noticed the bad acting, and the Christians were looking for something more like:


  • Why weren't Bible passages quoted?
  • Why didn't Belle lead the Grace before meals?
  • Why did she give hope to Craig when it was obvious that she hated his guts?
...plus so much more.

I watched this movie because I wanted to take my mind off things, like recent events.

For me this movie is easy to watch.  As we all know, this is a modern adaptation of the famous classic, and because we know that, we kind of know most parts already...the "needed" predictability, as I would normally say.

Sigh.  You must be getting tired of my being redundant, but that's that.

The complaints of the Christians are somehow valid, but the reading of the Bible was shown...they didn't need to share this verse or that verse.  It was already implied.

The nice things about this movie are:

1. The situations are relatable;
2.  The gradual change;
3.  The situations are believable;
4. The love story was slow, but sure

and 

5. I like the sweet kiss shared between the two protagonists. 


Even if the movie does have the much needed predictability, there were some surprises too, so it was balanced...sorta, kinda.

Need I say more?

:-)

Thanks for your time!


This song is from the 2017 Live Action Disney Film, but in my humble opinion, I think it's apt for this movie too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)