A Christmas Kiss (2011)

From imdb
Who says JOANY KANE can't write?  This is one of the best screenplays ever made for television inspired by Working Girl and Cinderella
Directed by JOHN STIMPSON



WARNING:  There will be spoilers.  Not too many, but there will be.

After watching Sylvia Day's AFTERBURN/AFTERSHOCK (2017), and after reading the imdb reviews of the Passionflix movie written for the screen by Ms. Kane, I watched A CHRISTMAS KISS (2011).  I've seen A CHRISTMAS KISS II first, and that one was also written by Ms. Kane.  The two stories are different, and not even connected.  Others think it's a remake, but it's not.  Well, there are some similar things like an overbearing boss and that magical elevator kiss, but in the second story, the overbearing boss is the guy's sister, the situations are different, and the guy knew who he kissed.  There's also another antagonist, because it turns out the sister isn't really bad.  The female protagonist has a best guy friend, et cetera, et cetera...there's also a comment about glorifying sexual harassment(I think the comment has basis), but in toto, I think it was a good story.

In this story, A Christmas Kiss(2011), the overbearing boss(ELISABETH RÖHM) might be gorgeous, but she's a slave driver, idea stealer, a scheming bitch, and so much more.  I can't even find any redeeming factor.  

What good is a gorgeous face when your heart is so evil???? What????

⨔⨔⨔
There was this one instance where I wanted to kick the female protagonist(LAURA BRECKENRIDGE)...well, that's not true.  I wanted to kick her a lot of times, but thankfully she has two great best friends(JERRIKA HINTON and LAURA SPENCER), and add Charlie(MARK JOY), Adam(BRENDAN FEHR)'s voice of reason, to the party, Wendy is sort of saved(she gets really saved towards the end) from my kicks.  LOL.

It's just that there was this scene when Tressa(Ms. Hinton) was carrying this pole that was seemingly heavy that got into my nerves.  Tressa was just helping Wendy(Ms. Breckenridge), but Ms. Overbearing Priscilla Hall(Ms. Röhm) kept on changing her mind on where the pole was going to be situated.  I know Wendy was afraid of Ms. Hall's empty threats, but she shouldn't have stayed silent when Ms. Hall was acting like Tressa's owner.  Good thing Ms. Hall got her just deserts.

She couldn't sue Tressa because it'll open a can of worms.  Who am I kidding?  She didn't sue Tressa because she was worried about her gorgeous face.  Ugh!

She hibernated in a lair in NYC, which gave Wendy and Adam enough time to get to know each other better.

Adam may have been blind, but little by little he fell for Wendy without the glitters(their first earth shaking kiss in the elevator Wendy had glitters on her eyes like the Sugar Plum Fairy). The evil Ms. Hall noticed the chemistry between them when she caught them snuggled up, fully clothed, but sharing one blanket, in a divan(well, I think it was a divan).

Enough of the spoilers.

All I want to say is that Ms. Kane is a talented writer, and Mr. Stimpson directed this movie well.

Laura Breckenridge might look very young, but she does have chemistry with Brendan Fehr.

I felt my heart fluttering each time they kissed.

I know, I know, there'll still be some people who wouldn't like this kind of stuff, and might hate it even, but I like it.  That's what matters to me.

Sigh.

I guess I've said enough.

Thanks for your time.

From imdb
Laura Breckenridge and Brendan Fehr





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)