Sylvia Day's Afterburn/Aftershock book and movie


The book on the set of the Passionflix movie  (book and movie)

The author 
(if you watch the movie and pay attention you would see her there)

I know when it comes to adaptations you can never really put everything in.  I vaguely remember something said in Hollywood Dirt that is why it is called an adaptation.

SYLVIA DAY is one of the executive producers of the TV movie along with the Director, TOSCA MUSK, and the Screenwriter, JOANY KANE.

The book is not without flaws, but only minor ones.  How in the world did Gianna think Jackson would forget about her when they spent the whole summer together? Duh?!? Of course he would know her blindfolded.  He knew her physically, emotionally, et cetera, et cetera.  Silly girl!

If there was something I wanted the movie to change, that was that. 

To humour me I asked myself, "Is the book better than the movie?"

After all I said "above", yes, the book is definitely better than the movie.
From imdb

The imdb reviewers kept on saying that the guy they got as Jackson is not the best choice, and the movie is cheesier than the book.  Maybe I agree with them.  TYLER JOHNSON's take on Jackson was kind of annoying, but he's good with the sexy scenes.  To the conservatives, this is just "soft" core...nothing's really shown...but to those looking for something Hallmark does not offer, I think you would be "satisfied" enough.

I just hate it when a guy thinks he owns a woman, but I hate it more when a woman pretends she doesn't care anymore, but a few moments later, she couldn't wait for him to get inside her and more.

CAITLIN LEAHY did Gianna justice, and so did the guys who played the Rossi brothers.
I wish they added more intrigue, and political stuff, but hey, this is a PASSIONFLIX movie, so why would they dwell on something like that?

I had some problems with the dialogues and timelines, but all in all, I think the story works.  It's definitely not for the conservative, and I wouldn't recommend this to Church people, but it has some merits.  

Sylvia Day is an award winning writer, a best selling author too, so if she has friends who could have forgotten about ex-lovers after two years, who am I to question that?  Stranger things have happened in life.  There's a thing called psychological blocking too, so it could really happen.

In Gia's case it was impossible, so she was definitely just pretending.  Again I say, "Silly girl!"

The story is presenting her to be a strong and capable businesswoman, but her knees are too weak for Jax.  It's great that Jax also needs her, and she does indeed show her strength most of the time.

He's older in the book, but maybe, just maybe, he just looks youngish in the movie.  After all, I don't remember his age being mentioned in the movie.  

For those people complaining about the script, all I can say is that Ms. Day approved of the script.  Ms. Kane is her friend, and so is Ms. Musk.  The three of them worked as a team along with some others, so if the writer approved of the adaptation, who are we to complain? Ah, we're the "consumers".

It's not the best story ever written, and it's not something worth accolades, but in toto, it's not so bad.  

Before you shoot me, I must remind you, I'm only an observer, and I'm not a critic.

(Yes, there's a thin line, but...)

Thanks for your time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)