Ateş, Suya Düştü( Fire, it's in the water)/ Su ve Ateş (Water and Fire) 2013

Written and Directed by Özcan Deniz
Cowritten by Avni Tuna Dilligil


The writing style of the screenwriter/director and his cowriter IS unique.  They really worked like one person, ergo their teamwork is very commendable.

I've seen bits and pieces of Turkish dramas, but if I am not mistaken, this is the first time I've seen a full length feature movie, and I must say that I am very much impressed.  

The movie starts with a young lady given a  book to read by a man we could only hear from the background.  We could only guess if he's her husband, boyfriend or whomever we could imagine.

She reads the book, and we get to visualise what she's reading.

She gets involved with characters in the book.

When the characters she's reading about fall in love, she has a light feeling.

While visualising what she's reading, we start to get involve too.

True, there are many stories like this one, but ÖZCAN DENIZ and his cowriter, AVNI TUNA DILLIGIL, still managed to make us view something unique.

Minute by minute we get involved in the story deeper and deeper.
💔💔💔💔💔
The movie is not very much about religion. It is about feuding families, mafia style. It's also about forgiveness, and a bunch of sacrifices. It's about living your head held high even if you brought your family shame. The actors, like the woman reading the story within in a story, were truly immersed in their characters. 

For almost two hours I felt transported to wherever they were. If they were inside an airplane, I was inside that airplane too. If they were walking the streets of London, I was there too. I was like a fly on the wall witnessing everything without being noticed...safe from every swatter. 

I was there every time Yagmur and Hasmet/Kemal held each other, and as their love grew each day. I was there through every tear, and every moments of weakness. I was there when Yaǧmur was scared for her baby, but I was also there when she fought for his life. 

It's such a beautiful story. Even the antagonists are very, very human. 

I thank Mr. Deniz for letting me see Istanbul and other parts of Turkey through his eyes, and the rest of the cast. He has good chemistry with Ms. Allen.  

Tebrikler to the cast and crew! 

I promise this is not the last Turkish movie that I will watch. 

All the best! 

To the readers: Thanks for your time!






Cast:

Özcan Deniz as Hasmet, main protagonist
Yasemin Kay Allen as Yaǧmur, main protagonist 
Kaan Çakir as Hamza, Hasmet's brother-in-law
Pelin Akil as Nupelda, Hasmet's wife
Yusuf Akgün as Turhan, Hasmet's half brother
Cem Uçan as Sitki, Nupelda's brother
Irem Candar as Yasemin, Yagmur's best friend
Burçin Birben as Alpago, Hasmet's good friend and brother like figure
Sefika Tolun as Fadile Ana, Hasmet's stepmom
Deniz Ali Cankorur as Kemal, Hasmet and Yaǧmur's son

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)