How do you know (2010)


More or less, I've seen this movie twice.  Once as a full film feature and in parts.  The truth is that I never intended to see this again after a long time.  Why? Not because I didn't like it the first time I watched it, but nothing really drove me to see it again and again and again.  There are movies that have that kind of effect on me and this was not one of it.

I have respect for the actors for all of them are very versatile.  I have great respect for James L. Brooks who wrote and directed the play.  The story weaving is almost seamless, but... But what?  There was something missing. Something I could not name.

Anyways, when it was being aired again on TV I got a little interested again, so I joined my mom, but left when I had to.  Later, she watched it again, around the middle part, and I finished the film with her. She seemed to like the twists and turns that kind of convinced me that it was worth a second look as a full feature film.

Maybe later.

Storyline from imdb:
Star softball player, Lisa, has just been cut from the national team; Scholarly business man, George, has just been indicted from his father's company. With everything that they know in their lives taken from them, Lisa and George attempt to find romance. Lisa's potential boyfriend, Matty, however, is as clueless and perpetually single as they come, and George's girlfriend just dumped him. A chance hook-up through mutual friends, Lisa and George may be able to form a friendship, or more, that can help them climb out of the piles of lemons that life has handed to them. Written by napierslogs

Summary from imdb: After being cut from the USA softball team and feeling a bit past her prime, Lisa finds herself evaluating her life and in the middle of a love triangle, as a corporate guy in crisis competes with her current, baseball-playing beau.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)