At the age of fifteen, I knew I was never going to be a prima ballerina, so I focused on jazz. I started boating on two streams at eleven, so I had to make a choice. I stopped dancing jazz at 21.
Earlier in my teens I was also boating on two streams. I was even ballroom dancing with my parents' friends at JUSMAG, Quezon City. Now, I don't think I would even qualify with basic dance sports.
I've seen this film several times already. When I watch this film, I forget that Jody Sawyer is Amanda Schull, Cooper Nielsen is Ethan Stiefel, Charlie Sims is Sascha Radetsky, Maureen Cummings is Susan May Pratt and Eva Rodriguez is Zoë Saldaňa(my favorite female dancer in this film).
|Eva Rodriguez is Zoe Saldana. Zoe Saldaňa as Eva Rodriguez. She's so beautiful and graceful here.|
There are times that I want to kick Jonathan Reeves'(Gallagher) butt or pull Eva Rodriguez's hair, but when she's dancing, I'm speechless.
Thank you, Carol Heikkinen, for such a beautiful story. Thank you, George Fenton, for the wonderful compositions and choices of songs. Congratulations, Nicholas Hytner, for directing a wonderful dance drama. Kudos to the cast and crew for a job well done!
|Directed by||Nicholas Hytner|
|Produced by||Laurence Mark|
|Written by||Carol Heikkinen|
Susan May Pratt
|Music by||George Fenton|
|Editing by||Tariq Anwar|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
- Amanda Schull as Jody Sawyer
- Zoë Saldana as Eva Rodríguez
- Susan May Pratt as Maureen Cummings
- Peter Gallagher as Jonathan Reeves
- Debra Monk as Nancy Cummings
- Ethan Stiefel as Cooper Nielson
- Sascha Radetsky as Charlie Sims
- Donna Murphy as Juliette Simone
- Julie Kent as Kathleen Donahue
- Ilia Kulik as Sergei
- Eion Bailey as Jim Gordon
- Shakiem Evans as Erik O. Jones
- Elizabeth Hubbard as Joan Miller
- Cody Green as Nick Hoffman
- Mauricio Sanchez as Dancer at Salsa Club
- Julius Catalvas as Instructor
Ethan Stiefel retires from American Ballet Theater
Center Stage: Turn it Up
'Center Stage' 10 Years Later: The Real Jody Sawyer Still Dancing, Acting