The CASE for CHRIST (PG) 2017

THE CASE FOR CHRIST: BASED ON THE TRUE STORY OF AN AWARD-WINNING JOURNALIST WHO,  WORKING TO DISPROVE THE NEWFOUND CHRISTIAN FAITH OF HIS WIFE, BEGINS CHASING DOWN THE BIGGEST STORY OF ALL TIME WITH UNEXPECTED, LIFE-ALTERING RESULTS. (FROM THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE)



Lee Strobel is a person I have admired since I was very young. Lee Patrick Strobel is one of the best investigative journalists of all time. He is a loving husband and father because he promised he would love his family no matter what, unlike his very "neglectful" father.

1980

Lee Strobel only believes the "facts" and he does not believe in a higher power.  He, "in fact", is an atheist.  When his wife "changed" and started believing in God, the great researcher with a great mind, as challenged by a colleague, thought it best to disprove the Almighty's existence.

The movie based on his life is well written, well acted and well directed.  It is not only a conversion story that would interest only a few, but could be a box office hit, if marketed well.

In the couple of hours I was in the theater, I forgot I was watching Mike Vogel, Erika Christensen et al.  It was like I traveled using a time machine or something and I was actually there witnessing their lives. I was cheering, jeering, tearing and all that jazz.  I also missed my handy dandy typewriter.  I believe I was a better writer when I was using one.

To disprove the resurrection of our Lord, Lee Strobel did not only read.  He interviewed people and went to different places.

Instead of proving God's non-existence, Lee was in for a "surprise".

I hope a lot of people get to watch this film because it definitely is not a waste of time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)