Archie: THE MARRIED LIFE Books 1 to 6

I only have Book 2 among the first three books. That book got us(my mom and I) hooked.  
Of the last three books, I have all three
All the books of ARCHIE:THE MARRIED LIFE that I own
were bought at FULLY BOOKED
#theproblemsarereal
#slidingdoors
#twoworlds
#twoloves
#twodestinies
#changingworlds

Like A LOT of the people of the world, I grew up with Archie and his gang, among others.  Even if my third given name is Veronica, I favored Betty, because for me, her heart is purer etc.  I still have some of our digests and comic books, but the rest were either given away or donated to public libraries.  Unfortunately, some were stolen...oh well.

When we got hold of the second of these books, mom and I got hooked.  It was very interesting.  If we didn't have other things to do, we would read it the whole day together or alternately. 

What we are today, besides the master plan of the Higher Power, is about the choices we make.  These books present two realities and how these realities affect the people we are involved with, like friends and family.  Even with all the differences in multiverses, or in this case, parallel universes, there are things that remain constant whatever we do.

Archie and his gang may have been happy-go-lucky in High School, but now that they are adults, things are different.  Times are changing.  Riverdale is no longer a safe haven and almost crime free.  There is social awareness and there are "reality checks".

The rose coloured lenses are either broken or the tint has been removed.  The gang now sees the world as is, but even with all the negativity, positivity reigns.

Some people may pull Archie and the gang down, but their love for each other remains.

#justifyingreboots
#multiverses


Buy the whole set if you could.  :-)  

Let me leave with you with the poem that "The Gang" recited towards the end of Book 6:

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLSBy John Donne

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)