Need for Speed 2014 (Definitely NOT a review)
I am so tempted to compare this movie to THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS, but the only things similar are the speeding cars, friendship and camaraderie. Other than that, the story is totally different.
By the way, there's only a quarter of a story. The three quarters are mostly racing cars and different kinds of air transportation. ;-)
Anyways, even if I didn't love it, I enjoyed it very, very much. I can't wait for the sequel.
Links to reviews:
From the WWW:
- Release date: March 14, 2014 (USA)
CAST FROM WIKIPEDIA
- Aaron Paul as Tobey Marshall, a blue-collar mechanic from Mount Kisco who is framed for a federal crime he didn't commit.
- Dominic Cooper as Dino Brewster, a former Indy racer and Tobey's fierce rival.
- Imogen Poots as Julia Maddon, a savvy exotic car dealer.
- Harrison Gilbertson as Pete Coleman, Anita's younger brother and a member of Tobey's crew.
- Scott 'Kid Cudi' Mescudi as Sergeant Benny 'Maverick' Jackson, a member of Tobey's crew. He is a pilot, able to fly small airplanes and helicopters, and is often called "Liar One" because the team doesn't believe he can fly a military helicopter. He owns a Cessna plane.
- Ramón Rodríguez as Joe Peck, a member of Tobey's crew. He is the team's professional mechanic, and drives a modified 2011 Ford F-450 called "The Beast".
- Rami Malek as Finn, a member of Tobey's crew. He serves as the team's computer expert, monitoring cameras to record races.
- Michael Keaton as Monarch Maddon, a reclusive and eccentric host of an "underground" supercar race competition, De Leon. He operates from a lighthouse on a small farm where he lives.
- Dakota Johnson as Anita Coleman, Pete's older sister, Tobey's former girlfriend and Dino's fiancée.