People Like Us (2012)

Director: Alex Kurtzman
Rating PG-13. Running Time: 115 minutes
Stars: Chris Pine, Elizabeth Banks, Michael Hall D'Addario, Michelle Pfeiffer and Olivia Wilde




On the day his latest deal collapses, fast-talking-salesman Sam (Chris Pine) receives the news that his father has died. Reluctantly, Sam returns home to settle the estate of his father. In the course of carrying out the man's last wishes, Sam is surprised to learn of the existence of a 30-year-old sister, named Frankie (Elizabeth Banks). As the sister and brother get to know each other, Sam must re-examine both his perceptions about his family and the life choices that he has made.-  WWW


Of all the dumb decisions...


Haist.  If I were in Sam shoes and I met this very hot and gorgeous person of the opposite sex who turns out to be my half-sibling, and I have no intentions of letting him know who I am, I would not make him fall in love with me.

Sigh.


I wanted to throttle Sam's neck.


How dare he?  


He was the only one who knew about the situation.  Frankie was so vulnerable. 


Haist!


I watched this film thinking this was the movie version of Dominick Dunne's PEOPLE LIKE US, but I was wrong.  Anyways, I have no regrets watching this.


I felt for Lillian(Pfeiffer), Josh(Addario), Frankie(Banks) and Hannah(Wilde).  Alright, alright. I felt for Sam(Pine) too.


I loved how the story was weaved and I must say, I love the way their father "watched over them". 


No, I don't want to give spoilers, but here is the Storyline From imdb:


Sam has been keeping his distance from his father. When his father dies, he goes home for the funeral, and to see if his father left him any money so that he could bail himself out of his latest jam. But he learns that his father left all of his money to someone named Josh Davis. He finds him and learns that he is the troubled son of a woman named Frankie. Sam thinks she is his sister. He doesn't give the money cause he needs it. He makes contact with her but doesn't tell her who he is. Eventually they become friends and even helps Josh with his problems. Written by rcs0411@yahoo.com

Heart to heart talk between son and mother


Depiction of true love


Sweet scene




Written by: 
Alex Kurtzman
Roberto Orci
Jody Lambert

CAST (from Wikipedia)

 I will watch this movie again and again and again.  💙💚💛💜💖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13