FROZEN, the milder Snow Queen story by DISNEY (2013) 3D


"She's my sister, she would never hurt me."-Princess Anna
It's been more than two months since I've watched this movie at the new mall in Barangay BF Homes and I still have a hang over.  As my friend Kristen said that glorious day we watched the movie(not together), if TANGLED was great, this is even better.  

As of late I have watched this movie three times.  Once with my folks, once with a friend and once with my nephew(who watched it for the nth time).


It's such a beautiful adaptation.  Even if it is an animation, it's real as real could be.  Yes, the people looked like dolls, but the story was weaved so well.  If I may say so, even better than the original.

The Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen made scary stories for kids.  They made most, if not all, stepparents evil to the core.  That's so unfair(I actually wrote something about this before)!

Hans Christian Andersen's SNEEDRONNINGEN or The Snow Queen, is a tale in 7 stories.  Even if Harvard Classics presented it for children and adults, it was still very grim.

Disney's FROZEN presents a totally different story and a very misunderstood Snow Queen.  


I'm glad that Disney updated this story and they also changed the way their characters fall in love with each other.  When I was a little girl I thought it was the norm to fall in love the very day you met and marry each other a little while later, even on the day itself.  Today, that's not advisable, with the crime rate and all.  One's life story shouldn't be featured in CSI or Law and Order or Calvento Files, even if fictionalized.


Thank goodness the characters have chances to get to know each other first and build up a friendship, rather eloping a few hours later.


In this story, Anna thought she fell in love with Prince Hans the first time she saw him and yet...



"Hang on, you mean to tell me you got engaged to someone you just met that day?"-Kristoff to Anna while riding on a sleigh/sled

I won't elaborate, just in case you haven't seen the film.


It breaks the barriers society has created and make us forget even just for a while all those stereotypes.


The songs are very inspiring.  Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell rocked. Even if I liked Idina's version better, Demi Lovato's version in the closing credits was good too.


Sigh.


I'm so in love with the story and the music.


Kudos to EVERYONE involved in this classic. Yes, I believe it will be. 





Idina Menzel's movie version of LET IT GO


This version of "Let It Go" is from the 2013 Disney movie Frozen. It is composed by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez. This version of "Let It Go" was a nominee in the Golden Globes for best movie song. Demi Lovato sang it well too, but Idina's rendition reaches soul.

THE LYRICS:


The snow glows white on the mountain tonight

Not a footprint to be seen

A kingdom of isolation,

and it looks like I'm the Queen

The wind is howling like

this swirling storm inside

Couldn't keep it in; Heaven knows I've tried




Don't let them in, don't let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

Well now they know



Let it go, let it go

Can't hold it back any more

Let it go, let it go

Turn away and slam the door

I don't care what they're going to say

Let the storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway



It's funny how some distance

Makes everything seem small

And the fears that once controlled me

Can't get to me at all



It's time to see what I can do

To test the limits and break through

No right, no wrong, no rules for me,

I'm free!



Let it go, let it go

I am one with the wind and sky

Let it go, let it go

You'll never see me cry

Here I stand

And here I'll stay

Let the storm rage on



My power flurries through

the air into the ground


My soul is spiralling in frozen fractals all

around



And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast

I'm never going back, the past is in the past



Let it go, let it go

And I'll rise like the break of dawn

Let it go, let it go

That perfect girl is gone

Here I stand

In the light of day

Let the storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway!








From IMDB:
Directed by 


Chris Buck
Jennifer Lee

Writing Credits  



Jennifer Lee...(screenplay)
Chris Buck...(story) and
Jennifer Lee...(story) and
Shane Morris...(story)
Hans Christian Andersen

...
Anna (voice)
...
Elsa (voice)
...
Kristoff (voice)
...
Olaf (voice)
...
Hans (voice)
...
Duke (voice)




Olaf is definitely my favorite character and yes, I agree.  Some(not all) people are worth melting for.  Awwww.


Beautiful Artwork



Dear Olaf doing what he thinks Snowmen do in SUMMER

Let it go, let it go...the cold never bothered me anyway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)