Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2014 (PG)

pinoy top sites

Chris Evans alone, for me, is reason enough to watch this movie, but I like the on-screen chemistry of Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson, even if I think the Black Widow is meant for someone else.  Anthony Mackie as the much slower Falcon was convincing and of course, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury was superb.  You've gotta love that very intense scene when he was trapped inside his very intelligent car.  

I don't think I could say the same for Robert Redford.  He was just so, so as Alexander Pierce.  That was very disappointing because I respect him a lot.  I still do, but... Anyways, he was not bad, so I guess it's OK.

Cobie Smulders, as Mara Hill, should be given more exposure in the offing. 

Sebastian Stan as Bucky or the Winter Soldier, is so sexy. My guess is that he would have a bigger role in the next episode.

 
Bucky as Winter Soldier. Promotional art for Captain America vol. 5, #11 (Nov. 2005), by Steve Epting .


It's a bit too violent for younger and impressionable kids and my friend's four year old daughter seems to think so too.

My seven-year-old nephew enjoyed it, but there was a scene where he requested me to cover his eyes(he was holding some popcorn).

Some of scenes were quite improbable, but hey, it's movie about superheroes centered on the very first avenger.







Look at Bucky's tortured eyes



Anthony Mackie as The Falcon

Emily Van Camp as Kate/Agent 13, looks perfect for Captain America, but I think the writers want Natasha and Steve to have a love angle. 

Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

Atonement (2008)

Moments of Love (2006)