Kuya Wes

From imdb
#Cinemalaya2018
Directed by James Robin M. Mayo
as assited by Alyssa Villanueva and Lorna Sanchez
The Executive Producers are Ogie Alcasid, Piolo Pascual, Bb. Joyce Bernal and Erickson Raymundo
Written for the screen by Denise O’Hara and Heber O’Hara
Edited by Thop Nazareno and Bb. Joyce Bernal
Sound by Immanuel Varona
Music by Erwin Fajardo
Starring: OGIE ALCASID, MOI BIEN, ALEX MEDINA, and INA RAYMUNDO with lots of other great (underrated) actors.

"Ganoon pala yung feeling pag hinawakan ng crush mo ang kamay mo. Grabe! Para kang naglalakad sa langit! Iba eh..."

Finally, I was able to watch KUYA WES this March.  I wasn't able to watch this last August, because of one reason or another, but the important thing is that I have seen this now, during my birth month.

My birthDAY is significant in this movie.  It was the day that Kuya Wes fell in love 24/7 a day.  In the most recent past, he only fell in love every 16th of the month, when Erika(INA RAYMUNDO) and her two daughters would get their remittance from abroad.  I felt a little giddy...a cheap thrill, perhaps...when Kuya Wes said, "Happy 16th of March!" just to justify giving lollipops to the girls.  

As little children we were taught the importance of being selfless versus being selfish, but Kuya Wes here is selfless to a fault. 

This movie reminds us to leave something for ourselves...we cannot give what we do not have.  It's great to be caring and all that, but we should never, ever forget ourselves.
🍗🍗🍗

Kuya Wes and I are both allergic to chicken, but in this story, it's what Erika sells...and gives him out of gratitude.  Masarap naman talaga ang bawal, but not even a very strong infatuation can cure it.  

Oh well...before I get tempted to tell the whole story here, I just want to say that I cried buckets(Erika didn't even know his name...) in this movie because I felt for Kuya Wes, but there were lots of light moments too.

May more movies like this one(with different stories, of course) be made in the near future.

Kudos to everyone involved in this project, and dear readers, thanks a lot for your time. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)