The Mistle-Tones (2012)

from imdb
I feel Christmassy this Spring
(The Philippines has only the wet and dry seasons.)

A feel good movie was what I wanted to see the day I watched this(I am not writing this on the same day I watched this), I searched and I searched until I found this one.

At first I thought I was just going to pass the time, but I enjoyed it as well.

True, there were some exaggerated scenes and dialogues, and there were some of those predictable scenes and lines, but there were stuff that happened in the movie that I didn't expect.

The love story is not even the main focus of the story.  The main story is about a girl who misses her late mom so much that she wanted to be like her, but someone was stopping her to achieve her dreams.

For those looking for cheap thrills, and those wonderful feelings when you are amid people in love, you won't be deprived. There are plenty of scenes that would make you kilig

From Google search:
ki·lig
/kēˈlēɡ/
SE ASIAN
adjective
  1. 1.
    (in the Philippines) causing or characterized by a feeling of exhilaration or elation.
    "the fans went wild with the kilig moments they shared on stage"
noun
  1. 1.
    a feeling of exhilaration or elation caused by an exciting or romantic experience.
    "she could not contain her smiles and kilig, especially when he brought a bouquet of flowers just for her"  

I also had fun watching the rehearsals and the auditions, and I listened to what the main protagonist's father had to say too.

I especially enjoyed the "ending".


Well, I guess that I am going to say about "this".

Thanks for your time.

From the Wikipedia page(I won't share the link because it has spoilers...the WHOLE story is there...if you don't mind that, just search for it):

  • Tia Mowry as Holly, the daughter of the founder of the Snow-Belles and an aspiring Snow-Belle herself and Nick's love interest
  • Tori Spelling as Marci, the leader of the Snow Belles
  • Reginald VelJohnson as Holly's dad
  • Tammy Townsend as Grace, Holly's sister
  • Jonathan Patrick Moore as Nick, Holly's workaholic boss who has a secret passion for music. When she finds this out, she enlists his help and he eventually ends up becoming the fifth and final member of the Mistle-Tones. And Holly's love interest
  • Jason Rogel as Larry, the productions worker at Ridgefield International Resources, and the third member of the Mistle-Tones  (He is of Filipino descent, and he is proud of his lineage.)  
  • Megan Kathleen Duffy as Bernie, the HR manager for Ridgefield International Resources and the fourth member of the Mistle-Tones
  • Andy Gala as AJ, Holly's best friend and the second member of the Mistle-Tones
  • Britani Bateman as Staci, the newest and most conniving member of the Snow-Belles
  • Melanie Lewis-Yribar as Barb, an outspoken member of the Snow-Belles
  • Sydney Sorenson as Amber, a member of the Snow-Belles
  • Tanisha Lang as Jennifer, a member of the Snow-Belles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)