IFlix Originals' MYSTIFIED (2019) Episode 1

From Startattle
#SanggresUniteAgain
#MystifiedOnIflix
#SunshineDizon
#IzaCalzado
#DianaZubiri
#Karylle
#MarkAReyesV
#WorldClass
#MatthiasRhoads
#JinriPark
#CheskaInigo
#MostafaElezali
#MustafaElezali
#IanIgnacio
#VinceVandorpe
#CapriceCayetano
Without giving the whole story away I want to start this blog about MYSTIFIED by saying I'm excited to see the sequel.  Yes, you read it right.  Although the first episode can stand alone, I am sure there is at least one sequel.  

Mystified left me stupefied and amazed.  OK, maybe, and I only mean maybe, it's not perfect, but it's definitely a cut above the rest.

I don't know about the others, but the version I've seen didn't have subtitles(promise, I watched it for free via iFlix).  For one reason or another I kind of liked it that way.  Even if I could only guess some of the words...and I'm not talking about Latin or Spanish, but the language of sorcery beyond Latin and Spanish, I preferred that I wasn't distracted with trying to read the translations.  Still, even if that's the case, I am sure we would still want to know the whole story, so subtitles are VERY welcome too.  

The acting is very good, if not great. 

The Coven of Four is filled with  beautiful women, and all of them are important in their own right.

The supporting cast, and yes, the children are included, worked well with them.  Maybe because they are used to working with them, and they are already like family that they are comfortable with one another. 

For lack of a better term, not only are the "special effects" world class, but the flow of story it self is seamless, or close to seamless, whatever the case may be.  I read somewhere that the fight scenes were lousy.  I won't say anything of that sort.

Hats off to the very creative Director, Mark A. Reyes V, and the great acting of real life friends: SUNSHINE DIZON, IZA CALZADO, KARYLLE, and DIANA ZUBIRI.  Wala kayong kupas!

SUNSHINE CRUZ is also very effective as Helga.

The young handsome men, two whom I've met in MEANT TO BE, didn't make the beautiful ladies look like cougars.  As a matter of fact, they look like contemporaries, and that does not mean I am insulting them(the guys) or anything.  I am just paying the four(plus Sunshine C, Jinri, et al) lovely ladies honest to goodness compliments.

What to expect from 'Mystified,' iflix's first original Filipino film

Thanks for your time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What did I feel about the ending of MEANT TO BE? (GMA 7)---plus some thoughts about Encatadia and DTBY

EX with BENEFITS (2015) R-13

Watching Again a favourite movie during my High School Years: BAGETS(1984) and its sequel BAGETS 2(1984)